free website stats program My rebuild | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

My rebuild

Awesome job and the bike looks great. I've always wanted to learn how to paint. I appreciate the hard work and talent that goes into getting a quality outcome. I do everything myself on my bikes except paint. But.........again, excellent work man :ap

I always wanted to learn how to paint so I thought this was a good opportunity to dig in and give it a try. I built my paint booth so I could set it up again if the chance came up. I bought some paint guns from Harbor Freight but decided to get a better one later and used the better one for base mid and clear coats, finer atomization. I read a lot and asked a bunch of questions until I felt confident. Here's some more shots:
PICT4816.jpg

PICT4817.jpg

PICT4818.jpg

Very nice!!! Yes, I always want to learn how to paint... I will do that in near future! Thanks for sharing!

When ya do, PM me, I have a ton of good info that I'll share. It can be kinda overwhelming but if you take it methodically it makes the process manageable. I had to learn a lot of patience for this project.

When ya do, PM me, I have a ton of good info that I'll share. It can be kinda overwhelming but if you take it methodically it makes the process manageable. I had to learn a lot of patience for this project.

Patience, or lack of has been the bane of most of my projects since I can remember. Kudo's to you for doing the project properly.

Sound good! Thanks!!!

Patience, or lack of has been the bane of most of my projects since I can remember. Kudo's to you for doing the project properly.

Oh yes!!! Patience is the key and I believe I have good habit so we will see.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks great man! I liked the look of your mid coat also. That metallic grey with clear coat would look slick. very nice results. Thanks for the post.

Beautiful...what is that color called?

It's a tri-coat, I got it from Napa paint store which is a Martin Senour paint but is made by Sherwin Williams. the base color grey I think is a Nissan color I think called Loam Grey, the mid coat kandy is just called tangerine, all urethane products. The guy that helped me there made it up from another paint chip as close as he could. I think he did real good.

Back