free website stats program My rebuild | Harley Davidson Forums

My rebuild

Looks great!! Nothing better then the pride of doing it yourself.

LOOKS GREAT,,,,Nice Job...

The Teardown and Paint looks like a lot of work... BUT Allows that Spotless cleaning to get done also...:D

You da Man.

signed....BUBBIE

Thanks guys, it does get a few more looks now!

That looks nice, and prompts a couple of questions. Are you a professional painter? Your paint booth looks new, but a lot of care for just one job. Please give us a nice photo of the silver inner fairing, the glimpse in the finished pictures is not enough!
Feel free to tell more about the project, I'm sure that there are others that will appreciate the details. Thanks

Pete

That looks nice, and prompts a couple of questions. Are you a professional painter? Your paint booth looks new, but a lot of care for just one job. Please give us a nice photo of the silver inner fairing, the glimpse in the finished pictures is not enough!
Feel free to tell more about the project, I'm sure that there are others that will appreciate the details. Thanks

Pete

Thanks Breeze, I'll take some more pics today and post. This was my first time painting, I won't count the time I tried to do the tank and didn't have a clean air supply, had to give it to someone who did. I got a good check from the insurance co. so decided to make a winter project out of it. I learned everything I could about what it takes to paint, took my time dismantling everything, cleaning as BUBBIE noted, a few upgrades, quite a few actually. it took all winter but I got it done in time for the new season. I need to take a sec to credit everyone at Autobody101.com for indispensable help in the painting dept. I learned a lot and it went a long way in producing the results I got.
More to come.

Back