free website stats program My pet peeve | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

My pet peeve

Ha-ha--Horizonchaser...what stick...these are VERY old and tired eyes...LOL (my Sporty has no tranny dip stick...jkg:s).

Won't tell you how long I did search for it when I first got the bronze nubile mistress...before I got smart and came to HDTimeline almost 4 years ago...:p

We are not getting any younger, that is why I use Redline shock proof, good for the tranny and good for the eye sight. Easy to see on dip stick.

It wasn't too long ago on here folks were talking about the perils of the clutch cable wearing the trans dipstick in too and the cut end dropping off inside the tranny. I cut mine off and made my own dipstick from all thread rod (~1/4"D) and used nuts to place it at the same location as my original. I use it just to check the level and then replace my original that is just a cap now. Then I marked the all thread using a sharpie -- works for me.

Bill

It wasn't too long ago on here folks were talking about the perils of the clutch cable wearing the trans dipstick in too and the cut end dropping off inside the tranny. I cut mine off and made my own dipstick from all thread rod (~1/4"D) and used nuts to place it at the same location as my original. I use it just to check the level and then replace my original that is just a cap now. Then I marked the all thread using a sharpie -- works for me.

Bill
Yep! And I was one of those fellows who heeded the warning because I saw the tranny dipstick showing signs of wearing out because of the clutch cable abrading it. So I went out and bought a duplicate dip stick, which I keep in my lower's to actually check the trans fluids. I cut of the dipstick on the original and like yourself it is just a cap now. Today at work I am going to sandblast the chrome off of the new one that I bought ( what a waste of chrome! :p ) and spray paint it with black heat resistant paint which I just bought. Hopefully this will put an end to this annoying problem.
Oh yeah, one more thing, I'll probably switch over to Spectro too! :)

Back