free website stats program My Own Ultra Classic | Harley Davidson Forums

My Own Ultra Classic

Bobcat316

Went to San Antonio from Waco today and bought an 07 Ultra Classic with 986 miles.
The guy i bought it from was a fairly short guy and I am 6'2" tall. The front of the bike has been lowered which is not a problem but if I could raise the bars about 1/2 to 3/4 inch it would be perfect.

Does anyone have a recommendation of where I might find instuctions to make this adjustment?

I will ride down to the Harley dealer tommorow and pick up a manual, but it would be nice if I could make the adjustment before I go.
Thank
Bob

grats on the new scoot... if you are talking about just rotating themforward a little then you need to remove some of the fairing to get to the bolts on the bracket. probably be best to wait and get the manual if you haven;t done it before. also you only have a limited amount of movement you can make because of the fairing.

Bobcat,

I ride an 09 Ultra and I ended up adding the touring pullback bars (I routed the wires internally), reach seat and rider backrest. Tons of cash if your dealer instals the bars, they'll charge you for new clutch & brake cables and throttle by wire harnesses which you don't need. They'll tack on 4 or 5 hours of labor ($80+/hour) just to reconfig you ABS on top of the labor to pull your outer fairing, ignition and on and on. I did all my own maintenance and saved a bunch of cash and couldn't be happier with the outcome.

Anyhow, congrats on the new scoot (very low miles), enjoy it and ride safe.

Might be cheaper/easier to try a different seat that moves you back a bit or "unlower" the front of the bike before messing with the handlebars.

Most these guys'll tell ya........try to make changes that make sence. And do'em in order so ya don't end up with 5 windshield, 4 seats and 3 sets of handlebars, like the rest of us. First put your highway pegs on and ride it, then if your seating position or the seat is un-comphy change that first cuz that will have a lot to do with the handlebars and the windshield. I'd change the windshield next and lastly the handlebars. Have fun and good luck.

Enjoy the new ride. Take your time with the changes to make sure waht you are doing is going to be right. Then enjoy.

Back