free website stats program My Home Area | Page 6 | Harley Davidson Forums

My Home Area

Thanks for the great pictures Brian. Beautiful country. Most people don't see the beauty of their home land till someone points it out but I'm glad to see you do.

Having travelled a wee bit of the world with the British army i have seen the beauty in many places but there was always a calling from home
every day i walk with the dog over the hill and no matter what the season or the weather i still love being here
we are always on the lookout for wildlife both that which is here always and those that are passing through or stay only for a short while

Brian

We spent some time in Helensburgh whilst I served on the deterrent Submarines. We had a touring caravan and went away as many weekends as we could. Beautiful country.

Daughter is at sea with maersk currently on a tanker doing mod resupply at the end of august her boat was tied up at faslane for the weekend having just resupplied the place so me and the wife nipped over there for a quick meal out with her 4 hours each way she is back again toward the end of the month so we will have an overnight stay in dunoon this time
i myself have been in faslane a few times during my army career

Brian

I got a new camera on Friday so had it out with me today it is nothing special but it does not kill the battery after a few photos
the sun was bursting through gaps in the clouds and lighting up areas of land a few miles in land looked really spectacular but photo does not to it justice
then came across 2 roe deer i think it is a pair of you males that hang about together they are fairly bold and often see them feeding on the hill in the late afternoon the rest of the deer move up on to the hill about an hour after dark

Brian
p.s. camera is on offer at lidl in case anyone is looking for a camera

Attachments

• DSCF0018 (Medium).JPG
    DSCF0018 (Medium).JPG
    56.1 KB · Views: 17
  • DSCF0020 (Medium).JPG
    DSCF0020 (Medium).JPG
    31.9 KB · Views: 18
  • DSCF0021 (Medium).JPG
    DSCF0021 (Medium).JPG
    28.1 KB · Views: 17
  • DSCF0022 (Medium).JPG
    DSCF0022 (Medium).JPG
    39.9 KB · Views: 16
I got a new camera on Friday so had it out with me today it is nothing special but it does not kill the battery after a few photos
the sun was bursting through gaps in the clouds and lighting up areas of land a few miles in land looked really spectacular but photo does not to it justice
then came across 2 roe deer i think it is a pair of you males that hang about together they are fairly bold and often see them feeding on the hill in the late afternoon the rest of the deer move up on to the hill about an hour after dark

Brian
p.s. camera is on offer at lidl in case anyone is looking for a camera

Who Me, I have a camera here some where, Nice pics Brian thanks for sharing:s

Still working with new camera took some pictures today but had a wee bit of trouble getting up the hill so walked into town instead couldnt get the car to move
perhaps a snow plough will come past one day

Brian

Attachments

• DSCF0032 (Medium).JPG
    DSCF0032 (Medium).JPG
    48.1 KB · Views: 23
  • DSCF0033 (Medium).JPG
    DSCF0033 (Medium).JPG
    88.8 KB · Views: 23
  • DSCF0034 (Medium).JPG
    DSCF0034 (Medium).JPG
    51.4 KB · Views: 23
  • DSCF0035 (Medium).JPG
    DSCF0035 (Medium).JPG
    48.1 KB · Views: 23
Sure is nice and bright with the snow as a back ground, but I aint missing the hard job of shoveling it, best to throw an extra log on the fire and stay warm BRRRRR

I think i wont get to work if it stays like this but dog loves to play in the snow wife is due home tomorrow night so if the road has not been cleared ill have to walk to the main road and drag her case home

Brian

Thank you for sharing those "seasonal holiday pictures" from a snowy Scotland. Always think of highlands being green and lush...forget that you have 4 seasons there! :newsmile062:

Back