free website stats program My Home Area | Page 5 | Harley Davidson Forums

My Home Area

As i have had such good responses to this thread i took dog and camera and to try to get to boyne castle and get some photos it is a wee bit of a struggle to get there and the last time i went was 13 years ago
I'm sure dog was trying to kill me by pulling on the lead as we were descending into the ravine castle is on the other side also took a photo of the main house for this farmland although none of the houses are tied to the land these days

Brian

Attachments

• 100_0181 (Medium).JPG
    100_0181 (Medium).JPG
    98.4 KB · Views: 24
  • 100_0182 (Medium).JPG
    100_0182 (Medium).JPG
    144 KB · Views: 24
  • 100_0183 (Medium).JPG
    100_0183 (Medium).JPG
    126.6 KB · Views: 24
  • 100_0184 (Medium).JPG
    100_0184 (Medium).JPG
    132.6 KB · Views: 24
  • 100_0185 (Medium).JPG
    100_0185 (Medium).JPG
    131 KB · Views: 23
There is a doocot in these photos that i wasnt aware of i found it as i climbed back out of the ravine so there must have been a bridge across once apon a time

Brian

Attachments

• 100_0189 (Medium).JPG
    100_0189 (Medium).JPG
    60 KB · Views: 18
  • 100_0188 (Medium).JPG
    100_0188 (Medium).JPG
    128.3 KB · Views: 20
  • 100_0187 (Medium).JPG
    100_0187 (Medium).JPG
    114.9 KB · Views: 20
  • 100_0186 (Medium).JPG
    100_0186 (Medium).JPG
    97.6 KB · Views: 20
  • 100_0190 (Medium).JPG
    100_0190 (Medium).JPG
    89.3 KB · Views: 20
I love it! My friend go to Scottland every summer to fly balloons, I haven't made that trip yet, but I'm working on it. I know the guy they go to visit lives in a castle over there, I can't remember the area they go to visit, it will come to me later I'm sure. :)

Joy it must be further south as we get perhaps a wee bit too much wind for balloon flying but then i wouldnt be sure because i have never been on a ballon flight and no very little about it

Brian

Wife got up really early this morning so i had a look through old mobile phone and found these
going back over the photos it is not often that the sky is blue but i did get it

Brian

Fair play to that dog of your's Brian - he rolled that hay up beautifully! :D

Scotland is a fabulous country - majesty in the land...
Looking forward to getting up there on my scoot some time.

Fair play to that dog of your's Brian - he rolled that hay up beautifully! :D

Scotland is a fabulous country - majesty in the land...
Looking forward to getting up there on my scoot some time.

Well you just remember and come past this way and ill have some beer nice and chilled

Brian

Well you just remember and come past this way and ill have some beer nice and chilled

Brian

That's a very kind offer and one I'll definitely contact you on when I get north of the Roman's wall. Perhaps next summer although I'm planning a ride to Austria with a buddy of mine with a Vulcan but it's very much on my riding list. Nice hearing from you.

Just so that you are aware im a wee bit further from the border than you are
when i was in Bovington penrith was the half way point so it is a wee bit of a trek to get here

Brian

There is a doocot in these photos that i wasnt aware of i found it as i climbed back out of the ravine so there must have been a bridge across once apon a time

Brian

Hey, I think I recognize the spot in that 3rd picture...that's that haunting picture on the album cover on the first Black Sabbath album :D - nice pics there Brian and unbelievable the centuries and centuries of history from your homeland...pretty cool -

Now THAT is why I want to go to Scotland to ride my bike. Who cares about the cobblestones? Not me. I'm used to riding in gravel, but the cobblestones do cause a problem when wet. hahaha i do want to go to Scotland to do a bunch of photography. Thanks for the photos Fin.
I think he came up with a great thread....Photos from where you live.

Back