free website stats program My first Harley. | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

My first Harley.

Bought mine off HDTrader. Not familar with any tech issues there, may want to check your internet settings from tools in the uppper toolbar. I just sat all over a new Crossbones HD,, that is one sweet bike for a single man's bar hopper.

well luckily they have a contact number listed, but i hate doing math to figure out the time difference so i'm not being rude. i saw the crossbones and it really stuck with me on one of the newer bikes that i like. but its something about the front tire that makes it seem like it should be on training wheels. but thats probably what only being able to look at pictures does to an imagination. sure can't wait to get home so i can put some of my fears/joys to rest by actually seeing these dreams i have lol

As far as the Crossbones, it's a perfect example of beauty being in the eye of the beholder. Personally, I don't like it at all - looks like it was assembled from a bunch of leftover parts - but I think that's exactly the look HD was going for!

All that matters is that YOU like your bike, don't worry about what others think or even how you look on it. If it fits you and you like it, then nothing else matters!

Your exactly right Dr. Doo, personally I'd much rather have a chrome springer front end on it, and am not a fan of old school, but just something about the Crossbones that would appeal to me should I be in the market for that type bike.

Red I know where you are coming from I am 6'6 and i started out on a Heritage Softail rode it for 4 years. Then moved up to a Road King Classic really big change in ride. In 03 went to a Electra Glide Classic. Best of the best as for as comfort for a tall person. I am riding a 04 Cvo Electra Glide now. All of these scooters have worked for me.

Redstripe, whatever you get, if you've not riden before, or haven't riden in awhile, take the MSF learn to ride safety course. It's 2 days of hands-on training, and is well worth the time spent. Also, you may want to look for something lighter than the touring models to start out on simply because the lighter bike may be more "forgiving" in slow speed maneuvers. If you don't intend to ride 2-up, the Rocker is a sweet bike for riding local. I'm 6', and had to actually stretch a bit to reach the forward pegs. I wouldn't recommend the lowriders or sportsters. I found them too small and cramped.

Yes Mikey, I plan on taking the course offered at the HD store of my hometown, Pensacola FL. Also, I'm def not looking for touring models. The Rocker looks okay but I don't like the seat and the way it looks like its floating. Plus I am far from a chopper type of guy. I am really liking this 93 softail custom I found on HDtrader.

The ST custom is a great bike. It comes without the extra bells and whistles and can be made into anything you want to make of it. Super platform to start with IMO.

Rubber mounted engine on the dyna, rigid on the ST. The older softails had no engine counter balancers and shook real bad prior to the twin cams. Different type of suspension, better ride on the dyna IMO, had both.

Back