free website stats program MY 2017 ULTRA WITH BOOM BOX6.5 THE GPS IS ACTIONG UP | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

MY 2017 ULTRA WITH BOOM BOX6.5 THE GPS IS ACTIONG UP

If it says You are off the road,then You are on a road that is not in the database.I have found Harley GPS useless.I have owned three 2014,2017and 2019.I don't use it. I use WAZE on My smartphone.

I had a Garmin, it wanted to send me down a road the grass had covered over and had the appearance of wagon wheels. Needless to say I didn't follow that prompt. It was about 1 year old.
Maps were way out of date, already needing the updates installed.
What brand GPS do you have?
When I had 2012 CVO StreetGlide it didn't have GPS .

It Probably has to be re-calibrated, did you disconnect the battery lately? Does your owners manual have the radio instructions in it maybe? Like a car you probably have to drive in circles to calibrate it again?

Welcome to the forum, from Ohio.
I CHECKED THE MANUAL THERE IS NOTHING IN IT

You still don't tell Us where it says You are,compared to where You are.For all We know, You could have installed a European software update.2014 Limited has a 6.5 GT boom Audio.

On my 2015 CVO Limited, using the GPS, I felt like I stepped out of the dark ages.
I think the road graphics are great with the auto zoom in as we get into a city .
The road signs appear very simular and it shows up on the screen as if we were going right under them.
It took some getting use to the turn directions do to the Garmin's distance to turn never seemed right.
When there's multiple exits close together it is clear which is the 1 we need.
Could it be the dealer just needs to clear any previous updates, and do a refresh/ reinstall of the GPS system?

You still don't tell Us where it says You are,compared to where You are.For all We know, You could have installed a European software update.2014 Limited has a 6.5 GT boom Audio.
ok i got the bike out today and used gps to see if i can tell you more info it seems to be one town off is there a way to calibrate the compass

At the beginning of this thread you stated you had a 2017 ultra and now you are saying its a 2014, ....hmmm something ain't right here, can you see why we are confused
sorry its a 2014 ultra limited with the boom box 6.5

Last edited by a moderator:
ok i got the bike out today and used gps to see if i can tell you more info it seems to be one town off is there a way to calibrate the compass

sorry its a 2014 ultra limited with the boom box 6.5

Did you try driving around in circles like liquid wrench suggested, several cars I had you would calibrate the compass by doing that.
If you haven't already do a google search for your bike and GPS to see if there is any info.

Back