free website stats program My 2006 Ultra will not fire on #2 cylinder | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

My 2006 Ultra will not fire on #2 cylinder

Went to Harley and bought a new Crank sensor. Cleared codes..... It starts up check engine light goes off and runs fine for about 1 min then check eng light comes back on, starts missing on #2..

Went to Harley and bought a new Crank sensor. Cleared codes..... It starts up check engine light goes off and runs fine for about 1 min then check eng light comes back on, starts missing on #2..

Hmm, As Jack suggested, time for a compression check.

I'm reverting Back to My post #2.... Copy here...

Did you do ANY of my suggestions? Saw new plugs...

Have you checked the Plug Wires? OR corroded plug in...
Bad Spark plug (switch them front to back and try) New 6R12's by HD are inexpensive...

signed....BUBBIE

Rear Plug Wire Bad.........

Just for Correctness and Information:

The Rear Cylinder is Not #2 ,,,,,, it IS #1 cylinder.... :D

sighed....BUBBIE

Whichever I don't know 1 from 2 ..The rear cylinder fires when started then after about 1 min it starts misfiring (not firing) It comes and goes.. Mostly goes.. It will run good then it misfires then it runs for a second then misfires again,,Back and forth.. I have disconnected the Fuel-pac still the same.. Two sets of plugs, wires, a new coil, new crank sensor...

Check the connections at the rear injector. It's right on top of the manifold. Wiggle the connectors and see if it makes any change.

This is One Way ALSO to check IF it is getting FUEL...

I use a sprayer bottle with 2 inches of Raw gasoline. Not enough to get tooooooo carried away.

Off the air cleaner and start motor, when it sounds like it is dying Not firing, Spray a little raw gas as you use the throttle to keep it running.

Safety....... Just a little raw gas sprayed at a time...
You Standing from the side NOT directly in front of the air intake...

This will tell you IF it is the Injector or wire to it having a problem...

Let us know the results please....

This is a tough one for the books...:small3d015:

signed....BUBBIE

I keep trying to tell you It Is Not A Fuel or compression problem... The rear cylinder is not getting any spark from the coil.. It absolutely has nothing to do with fuel or compression... With my Race Car timing light on the rear wire it fires the plug for about a min thin quits firing the rear cylinder.. Then it starts back firing the rear cylinder,, Then it quits after another min and fires every once in a while... The front cylinder runs perfect, it never has quit firing.. I have bypassed the temp sensor, no change... There may be a way to tell the computer to not go into limp-home mode I don't know about the 2006 model...

Is it possible that the wires were broken on the CPS when the tech. was doing the work? Can you wiggle the wires and see if the continuity is coming and going.

Back