free website stats program My 2006 Ultra will not fire on #2 cylinder | Harley Davidson Forums

My 2006 Ultra will not fire on #2 cylinder

Had bike serviced (40,000 mile) took it to the coast here in Mississippi ,ran perfect on the way down.. Rode about 120 miles.. On the way back it started cutting out.. Check engine light came on ran bad ,check eng light went off ran perfect , check eng light came back on ran bad.. Back and forth with the eng light.. Got worse and worse.. Finally got to where it only ran on one cylinder for the last 30 miles.. Ran diagnostics through the odometer.. Code P1355 and P1356.. Bought a new HD coil from dealer.. Still no run on #2.. It does fire every once and a while (spits and sputters).. Took a timing light and #2 is erratic.. Un-rideable... Need Help !!!!!!

Have you checked the Plug Wires? OR corroded plug in...
Bad Spark plug (switch them front to back and try) New 6R12's by HD are inexpensive...

signed....BUBBIE

Give the injector wires a wiggle see what happens, check the caps on the end of the plugs make sure they are screwed on tight, believe it they can set a code check the plug wires with an ohm meter, bend them and twist them see if the values change, finally remove and clean the crank sensor

I believe that's the same code I got when my check engine light came on and off. Bike still ran ok but I keep getting code and engine light would come on and go out intermittently. Turned out to be the cap on the top of the spark plug was loose along with the wire was not fully seated. Tightened cap and pushed wire until it seated, problem was solved.

He was having some trouble getting the oil filter off .. I did see him with the channel locks up against a sensor while he was taking the filter off.. If he did it wouldn't run at all would it ???

He was having some trouble getting the oil filter off .. I did see him with the channel locks up against a sensor while he was taking the filter off.. If he did it wouldn't run at all would it ???

Looks like you might have found the issue. If the bike ran fine before he did the maintenance and now after wrenching on the filter with a pair of channel locks close to the sensor I'd be concentrating my efforts on a damaged sensor. JMHO.

Run a compression test and compare numbers, but I am betting on a damaged crank sensor

Back