free website stats program Mustang Seats | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Mustang Seats

It's totally worth it! I had the solo saddle on my sporty and upset that it wouldn't fit the St Bob when I got it...but I sold our sofa set, since I spend WAY more time on the bike then the sofa :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, the first thing I did when I bought my used 02 Road King. was put on a mustang seat. I am more comfortable but more importantly my wife is more comfortable, which means we can ride longer and further. The driver seat is a little higher and the passenger seat supports my lower back. The passenger seat is thicker and wider. Plus the people @ Mustang are easy to work with. They made mine with chrome studs instead of the black pearl at no extra charge and they shipped next day

My wife is on her third Mustang solo seat. We both had them on Kawasaki Vulcan 1500 Classics. She had one on her '96 Heritage and now one on her '06 Road King. Obviously we like the Solo. Based on that experience I bought their Ultra seat for my '02 EGC. It was very uncomfortable for me so I call the factory to see why it would be so different. The sales person told me that for the one piece seat (Ultra) they copied the Harley seat. I am going to sell this seat when I find a replacement. I may get their solo seat. We are all built different so what is perfect for one person is miserable for the next. The reviews I read about the Ultra before buying it were very favorable so I have to put my experience as unique.

I had one on my 05 EGC before I traded it in and loved it, saving my pennies for a new one. Check ebay usually $100 less

I put the 15" Studded Smooth Wide Solo paired with the 13.5" Studded Wide Rear Seat with Chrome Studs on my 2005 FLHT about a year ago. I find it much more comfortable than the stock seat and it has added to the look of the bike. I am installing a slightly shorter windshield on my bike also because I find my riding position slightly lower than with the stock seat and I like to look over the windshield.

Had a Mustang solo with removable backrest on my 2006 Road King loved the seat and kept the seat when I sold the bike. Put a Mustang seat on my 2009 Ultra and over the first week rode over 2500 miles including one 720 mile day. I highly recommend Mustang Seats.

I've had the mustang regal seat #76036 on my 09 ultra for the last week. There is no comparision between it and the stock seat. Can't say how it will be on a long ride but I rode 184 miles yesterday with the mustang seat and now my A$$ is a non issue. With the stock seat I would start having burning pain after around 80 miles and would have to take a short break. On the stock seat I always felt like after riding about an hour or so that the seat was compressed down to the seat pan making it very uncomfortable until I stopped and took a short break.

Riding yesterday I stopped one time for a bathroom break and the seat never caused me any pain. The mustang seat is very comfortable. My wife also likes it.

Back