free website stats program mustang seat | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

mustang seat

One of the first things I did was get rid of my stock seat. I went with the Lepera Barebones. I would not trade this seat for any other.

I too had to change the seat on my Fatboy to keep my partner interested in the bike, I went for a Saddlemen Explorer Special. Had to make some mods to get it to fit because of the Fuelpak being so tight up against it. Went on my first decent run yesterday and couldn't believe how much it improved the way the bike handled, i really didn't expect it to change the feel of the ride so much - must be me?? Anyway the saddle gel felt great, there's less seat up against the tank so no probs with sitting like John Wayne, I've just got to try the Mrs and hear her verdict? Oh - it looks great too!:D

Geez, iv'e looked for the mustang seat for my 1200L and can't find one, they make them for other models but not for the sporster, here in Canada anyhow, ?? anyone know where I should be looking, obviously they are to be had..

Put a Mustang seat on my '99 Ultra and love it. It is the second Mustang seat that I have owned. Both were really comfortable, and more than doubled my time in the saddle before a rest stop. Didn't notice any appreciable difference in the dimensions.

I'm 5'10" and had a mustang wide touring seat with passenger seat on my 883 Custom. I had no problems getting my feet flat and we absolutely loved the seat. Stock seat wide didn't ride far, same with the Sundowner seat. With the Mustang we had no problem riding for a whole tank of gas without a break

Dr.Dolittle had a post about needing to make his touring bike seat more comfortable...

http://www.hdtimeline.com/touring_models/5324-aches_and_pains_after_a_long_day.html

In the thread there was reference to the company that will modify your existing seat, HD, Mustang or Corbin and put in closed cell memory foam and gel padding and sew it all back together so it looks identical to the unmodified seat, you can get an appointment, ride in and ride out the same day or mail it in takes couple days to get there, 1 day to do the deed ($120) and couple more days to get it back via local Post Office (approx. $13-$15 shipping)

Welcome to Ride & Leather, World-famous Astech Motorcycle Seats & Accessories

Ride & Leather
320 S Main St
Jonesboro, IN 46938
866-755-2453

I've tried 2 on 2 different scoots, and I don't care for them. All of the hype does not dispel the fact that they are uncomfortable seats.

I said I would never buy a Harley product, but the Tallboy seat on my 07 StreetGlide is as comfortable of a seat as any I have tried in 25+ years of riding.

Just finished installing a Mustang solo seat on a 2005 1200C. It's a lot more comfortable than the stock seat and 2.5 hours to the next refuel is no problem. It's a good seat but it does raise the rider position about 1.5 inches. Good quality and looks great.

I put one on my 2006 883c. I believe the vintage solo. It is wider but once my feet hit the pegs its awesome ! It also added alot of ride time between stops.I got it on ebay new for a great price.

I've seen a two up Mustang seat I may buy off ebay. I'd like to ask if the rider's seat is wider than stock and would it therefore make getting your feet down more difficult. My feet reach ok at the moment but I wouldn't like to be any further away from the ground by fitting a significantly wider seat.

I'd be grateful for any comments.

Back