free website stats program motorcycle shipping | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

motorcycle shipping

My only experience with shipping came a few years ago when I bought a shovel head on Ebay. I checked out a few shippers but decided to go with Federal Motorcycle a division of Allied Van Lines. They do give an AMA discount and were A+. Not cheap, but if you're shipping a scoot worth some cash, cheap isn't the way to go IMO. Communication was out of this world. They kept me apprised of every move. Called me a day before they were to pick the bike up, right after they picked it up, and the day before it was to arrive at my home. They told me 10:00am and got there about 9:45. The guy who picked the bike up at the sellers, even called me back to tell me that he had done business with this seller 20 or 30 times and that he was top grade. Not to mention names, but there is a shipping service out there that will seem ridiculously cheap. About 1/3 of what others will want. My advice is to avoid this one. When I tried to get into specifics with them about when they would pick the bike up from the seller they said:"in about to or three weeks"...OK...When asked when it would arrive at my home they said:"in about 4 or 5 weeks"....Literally, that was as specific as they would get. Good luck

My only experience with shipping came a few years ago when I bought a shovel head on Ebay. I checked out a few shippers but decided to go with Federal Motorcycle a division of Allied Van Lines. They do give an AMA discount and were A+. Not cheap, but if you're shipping a scoot worth some cash, cheap isn't the way to go IMO. Communication was out of this world. They kept me apprised of every move. Called me a day before they were to pick the bike up, right after they picked it up, and the day before it was to arrive at my home. They told me 10:00am and got there about 9:45. The guy who picked the bike up at the sellers, even called me back to tell me that he had done business with this seller 20 or 30 times and that he was top grade. Not to mention names, but there is a shipping service out there that will seem ridiculously cheap. About 1/3 of what others will want. My advice is to avoid this one. When I tried to get into specifics with them about when they would pick the bike up from the seller they said:"in about to or three weeks"...OK...When asked when it would arrive at my home they said:"in about 4 or 5 weeks"....Literally, that was as specific as they would get. Good luck

If it will help out the fine members of this forum, you can mention specific names all day long!!!

thanks i will check them out for a quote as well. so far it is running around 650$ to get it to Seattle. so i am going to get some more and it it closer to the boarder then ride it up from there.:rider:rider

hmm wonder if she wants to ride up with Jack :D

Yea right. If you get that lined up I want pictures of Jack explaining it to the Red Head. She still owns that rolling pin!

Back