free website stats program Motorcycle rear ended | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Motorcycle rear ended

This is where defensive riding comes into play. If he passed car because of erratic behavior why or how did he end up in front of them and have no escape route. Yes the car is at fault, but my theory is no matter whose at fault I pay the premium price if involved, so I do my best to not get involved and after 25 years of riding this theory is paying off. So a couple of strikes are this: he was riding in the center of the lane instead of left portion so to have a escape, and apparently was only using rear brake to stop. There was a few steps to defensive riding that were unfortunately left out of the decision, because in my opinion the accident should have been the silver car running into other car with out the bike in the middle. I am getting off my soap box now.......:sd

It looked to me like the cyclist did not notice that vehicles in front of him had slowed, then had to lay on the brakes (smoke coming from cycle tires). The car behind him did not notice him braking and failed to slow down, hitting him. Here may be a classic case of multiple errors resulting in catasrophe.

Enjoy,
Rich P

Things like this are a reminder why we should carry uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage on our bikes, and wear helmets. It's also a reminder of how quickly our lives can be changed by a brief moment of inattention.

Fortunately, the rider survived and is mending well.

Back