free website stats program Motorcycle rallys | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Motorcycle rallys

Even at family events you still encounter the occasional drunken fool who will try to make way with your girl.. That's why when we go, usually we go with a pack of friends and look after eachother. And I never let my wife out of sight :s

As long as the things we see are part of an act or people just "expressing" themselves without involving others, I couldn't care less and mostly think it's pretty entertaining!

In general, my experience has been largely positive with this type of event, although sometimes I do get the idea that it's one giant dress up party!

Take care,

Re: Motorcycle rallies

Some rallies can be very offensive, which is why they draw the biggest crowds.
For myself, I've seen my share and done my share of stupid things at these rallies and prefer to just go to the family oriented ones.

Motorcycling in itself is supposed to be about freedom and self expression. At most rallies this is what you will find, certain people expressing themselves in certain ways. Even though some of these "expressions" may seem a little lewd, most people are just having a good time. There are some rallies that are more civic and family oriented, and these are fun also, but I enjoy seeing people be themselves and don't find it offensive at all. If you don't want to see such things, look into some of the smaller rallies and you can still have a great time. In other words, do whatever makes you feel comfortable and enjoy it.

As Mathew said Americade, it's #1 as a laid back family style rally. laconia is so big and spread out you can always find some like minded individuals to ride with. One tip on Laconia, stay in the White Mountains, the people are quieter (in general) and the riding is fantastic.

I go to rallies to ride and the biker life style not for the bars and lewdness. If you stay away from the bars and downtown after dark you don't see the drunk lewdness that goes on but it's fun to me maybe one night of the rally. I went to Daytona this year and saw more lewdness on the news than I did on main street but I only went there one night. After dark I stayed at the camper and drank my beer or went to the races, 2 wheels and beer is not for me, well maybe 2 at the most. It's all about what you want to see and what parts to stay away from. It's a free country,:newsmile055: well it used to be anyway.:swoon ENJOY THE RIDE:s

Back