free website stats program Motorcycle Insurance | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Motorcycle Insurance

The key here is shop around once a year, the insurance carriers are not obligated to inform you of special offers only rate hikes. I have had Progressive for over 20 years, 13 of them here in Florida with high rates. One call and I qualified for the Gold program rates cut in half .... .... .....

There can not be only one in this case.
To many things come into play. Your age, your driveing record you zip code and how many they already insure in your area.
Both my bike are less than 500 a year for everything with Progressive. .... .... .... You have to shop around it can make a difference depending on the day you call them.

These are the best advice from my experience. Insurance companies are all about getting new sign ups. Proof of that is the TV ads. You have to shop around ever so often because they raise rates on those who stay with them to make up for new sign deals. (unless you call them like Jack did)

Also depends on what you call coverage. In Florida the minium required bodily injury is $10,000.oo. So if someone hits you and they don't have any other sueable accepts, that is all you are going to get. So you might want to buy uninsured and underinsured coverage from your own insurance company, say $100,000.oo coverage, if you are hurt bad and run up a huge hospital bill. Also ask them, is your passenger covered. In Florida the standard price quoted will not usually include your passenger's injuries. It's all about the sale.

All that being said I am currently with Progressive, but they are starting to raise my rates again just like my previous company.....so maybe not next year.

I have had all my stuff at state farm for over 25 yrs. I cant find a better deal. my 06rdking runs 360.00 a yr while my 97 softail custom is 265.00 a yr.
With Foremost, I have full coverage on my 04 Ultra, and liability on my 91 Heritage for a total of $341.00 for both. Check them out, they might save you a few bucks. Mine actually went dow a few bucks this year also. I think it was $380 last year.

Back