free website stats program Motorcycle Insurance | Harley Davidson Forums

Motorcycle Insurance

I know this topic has probaly been brought up several times but cannot find a thread for it. I know there has to be an insurance company most of y'all prefer over the others because of price and classification, help me out here. Thanx

I have allway used Geico, but this year it went up three times as much and no claims. I am looking for an other company now.

Just out of interest,what you guys on the free side pay for insurance,and how do they qualify different types.
Here we get fully comprehensive(all in,inclueing breakdown cover,and punctures)
Third party fire and theft(company pays only for damage you caused in an accident,or you lose the bike thru fire or theft.)
Road traffic act(covers only damage you cause to others)
The fully comp,varies obviously with companys,but averages out around the $200 mark per year.

Re: Insurance

Few things to think about:

If your state requires it (FL don't) and if you have two vehicles (4 tire variety), check to see if by stacking your coverages would benefit you by carrying over to your motorcycle insurance (medical payments) coverage. If so, you can drop your medical payments (usually will drop your motorcycle insurance premiums quite a bit). Check with your insurance agent and visibly see it in writing first as well as verify it with the insurance company in writing as well (don't trust anyone).

I changed both cars (car and truck) from Geico to 21st Century Insurance (last year) and elected to stack coverages. The insurance carrier swap alone saved me over 500.00 per year (even with the stacking) to less than 860. per six months for both vehicles with 0/500 deductable comprehensive/collision.

I contacted Formost Insurance and told them that I wanted to drop my medical payments coverage on the bikes, due to having stacked automobile coverage. This decreased my bike policy by over 300.00 per year.

Now I'm paying 140.00 and change per year per bike (full coverage 100/300 including trip interruption, towing, emergency road, extended chrome and all kind of extra's) on two bikes (06 FLHTCUI and 06 FLHRI) and that's with 50/100 deductable on comprehensive/collision.

Florida is kind of high on auto coverage but 1720/yr on two automobiles 100/300 with all the bells and whistles plus 280/yr on both bikes is a good deal, I would think (or hope). I'm satisfied with it in comparison to the rates that I received from others.

The key here is shop around once a year, the insurance carriers are not obligated to inform you of special offers only rate hikes. I have had Progressive for over 20 years, 13 of them here in Florida with high rates. One call and I qualified for the Gold program rates cut in half, Capital Jack:s I am paying 1 dollar per day for full coverage with gap.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back