free website stats program Most Embarrassing Day | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Most Embarrassing Day

I use my gas cap as a drip cup to catch that drip that always wants to hit the paint after fueling. No matter where I set the cap while pumping gas, it's in my hand when I put the nozzle back.

Oh my I feel your pain. Back in the late 80's I had a Honda Interceptor and was dating my now wife. We rode to a little park on the first nice day of Spring and took a small hike. Jumped back on the scoot and had a dead battery. No problem I said I will just drift start it. Big long push and I went to jump on the seat and let the clutch out. Well, I had way to low of a gear and went flying over the bars. Lots of nice people helped me lift the bike and we slunked away with only a broken mirror.

I usually put my cap on top of the pump... Will have to rethink that strategy :)

Me too. As forgetful as I'm getting these days though, maybe the seat is a better place to put it. You'll know right away if you forget to put it back on the tank.

I too put the gas cap on the seat. Just about impossible to forget it and ride off. I guess it's possible if the old adage..."No sense, no feeling" applies though>

I place my riding gloves on the seat and the gas cap on top of them. Keeps the cap from rolling off.

Did ride off without my helmet once, left it sitting on the pump.

This thread reminds me of my "embarassing moment"......years ago, was in Daytona for Bikeweek, and left the Road King parked in a big lot just for bikes. Well, a few hours later(and maybe a beer or "two"), jumped on the bike & started to drive-away, when suddenly the bike stopped & went down:( Lesson learned: Always remember to remove your "kryptonite wheel lock" BEFORE driving away:D(amazingly no damage at all thanks to the crash bars)

Back