free website stats program Most Embarrassing Day | Page 6 | Harley Davidson Forums

Most Embarrassing Day

Dont feel bad. I forgot my gas cap at a gas station once too. Didnt realize until I got home. 200 miles after the fuel up! HAHA :lol: I've dropped mine a few times as well.

Heres one for ya.

I'm a wheeled mechainic in the Army. Rode to work as usual. Pulled into the shop. The floors are that slick concreat stuff. No real traction or grip. So anyway, I pulled in hit the front brakes without thinking and BAM!! we are sliding the front wheel and down we go. All the guys I worked with saw this. Embaressed as all(EDIT) . I cused a lil and we picked the bike up.

It happens man.

Please read this...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
The wife and I were on vacation and had just left Shreveport heading to Mena, Arkansas. We pulled up to a red light (light rain falling), in a little town-Prescott, Louisiana, geared down and came to a stop-put my left foot down " IN A Puddle Of
Oil !!!!" After about three quick kicks the bike goes down on the left side-wife jumps off like she knew what she was doing- I lay there with my left foot trapped under the derby cover.....couldn't do anything. Two guys behind us jumped out and lifted it upright.
All during the ride until I got home all I could think about was what would have happened if there was nobody around to pick it up-----I guess I would have had to chew my leg off to get out ! As soon as I go home I purchased an engine guard just in case!!!!

An engine guard can definitely save your bacon (you're on a hog, get it)(sorry, I couldn't resist) in a low/no speed spill. Glad it turned out ok. Rock on.
Ishmael

Back