free website stats program More on the New Milwaukee 8 | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

More on the New Milwaukee 8

That's one heck of a variance.

Estimated from fuel economy tests on a sample motorcycle from the corresponding family conducted by Harley-Davidson under ideal laboratory conditions. Not all motorcycle models undergo fuel economy testing. Fuel economy and mileage may vary among motorcycle models within a family. Your mileage may vary depending on your personal riding habits, weather conditions, trip length, vehicle condition and vehicle configuration and other conditions. Break-in mileage may vary.
44/50 for TC 103
Compare that to a 96 Stage 2 @ 35-40, I would guess the 88 upped to stage 2 or 3 would be the same?
These are the numbers for the twin cam VS the M8 per the web site
You need to scroll down to foot note #5 to see this Per The MOCO
I do get 55 mpg on the nose @ 70-75 MPH compared to my 15 @ best 43 MPG @ same speed

Fuel Economy: Combined City/Hwy 43 mpg. This is from Harley-Davidson on the 2017 Free Wheeler.
Read note # 5 on the new M8

34/46 Screaming Eagle Ultra 2005-6 models fuel mileage
39/46 05-06 Ultra non screaming Eagle MPG
The worse I got with the 103 was 39,the best was 43 on the nose @ 80 mph

That's one heck of a variance.
The 107 is that much better breathing and the fuel delivery pulses the injectors 2 times per cycle

I decided I will do ALL my own service on this 1 and document everything, I am going to get the supplement to the Touring manual Trike Specific, Nuff said until I have problems under warranty its time to ride

Last edited by a moderator:
Areas to look for improvement from the aftermarket.
Exhaust manufacturers are all scrambling. Andrews still waiting on cam core; not sure if S&S has them but expect to see cams before the end of the year. Tuning hardware/software will be a popular new product; the new Street Tuner is useless for performance applications. Adjustable rocker arms will be a target as well; valve protrusions won't be perfect from the factory and valve will wear unevenly, so an adjustable rocker arm will be required to maintain a quiet valve train. I expect a more robust cam plate; S&S will probably get one of those pretty blue ones out soon. The oil pump in the oil cooled motor appears to be quite robust and it might interchange with the less robust unit in the air cooled motors; don't know.

Heads are "protected"; porters that have tried to order a set have found that the only way to get their hands on a set is to buy a bike or fine a customer willing to be a guinea pig. Other than that, not sure there is much left for the aftermarket guys to chase. The 107 M8 motor can be built into a 124" motor with the 4.625" crank and I am betting the M8 cylinders can be bored to 4.125" but not sure yet.

Anyway, just a short update on what I think the aftermarket will focus on for the M8 in the way of performance upgrades.;)

EDIT: Just read that V&H has M8 exhaust on their website to be ready to ship in November and S&S has mufflers coming out. Currently, there is an M8 version of the Street Cannon for the M8 which is completely different from the TC Street Cannon and the only OEM exhaust upgrade for the M8 motor. First reports are good on performance and sound. That's what I hear.:cool:

Last edited:
Ouch not @ that price
Must be a way around the cats in the mufflers?
The 02 sensors are back in the head pipes, the heads have knock sensors kind of cool idea, heat is down a lot, I have not infra red it yet but I would say 50 degrees maybe more, the inside of the baffle looks like a flower petal folded over, like my 15, the baffles on the 15 were about 4 inches long, I opened them up on the bike I have a set of stock unmolested mufflers for sale if any one needs them

Oil is done tranny is done doing the primary today, 28 oz.
Still 55 MPG and not out of fuel yet
Can only get better
Talked to my service Manager today, he said keep good records , keep receipts on a jump drive
We can do our own service WITHOUT voiding warranty
Good to go til 2023
I got 2 rebates from Corporate today plus an in store Hog Credit of $50.00
Plus they owe me another $100.00 for a referral
I have 0 deductible on my extended warranty, Life is good,
Riding is good therapy, so I am leaving Saturday morning while The Redhead is in Chicago Haaaaa

Last edited by a moderator:
Riding is excellent therapy.What kind of rebates are you talking about?
Life Hog member, Overpaid my bike payment and discounts
Plus the gift cards SOOO next bike payment is already in the bank
I got a rebate om my extended warranty balance
The New warranty is cheaper = the balance

well I took the plunge and traded my 2014 SGS for a 2017RGS and it sets in the garage waiting for parts from the Mother ship an oil leak in the back cyl. they say a bad O ring we8ll see 663 miles and waiting?

Back