free website stats program Molex Connector Trouble. Can't get the pins out. Help!l | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Molex Connector Trouble. Can't get the pins out. Help!l

I did some similar work last Sunday and could not get a paperclip to work either. I had a set of jewelers screwdrivers. The smallest slotted one did the trick. As you slide it in keep the tip tilted toward the pin. Good luck.

Thanks for all your help guys. I was still struggling away with my paper clip and my brother in law came up with a perfect solution: A set of gas welding torch tip cleaning files! I had them hanging off my work bench. They're a set of straight files of differing diameters for cleaning welding torch nozzles. I tried two or three of them and one was the exact same size as the hole in the molex connector. I pushed it down until it grounded and the molex pin came right out! Once I did the first one the rest were easy.

With regard to paper clips, I think Hoople was right, the clip was bashing up against the tang and not pushing it in sufficiently. All I got was bent paper clips and sore fingers!

Thanks for all your suggestions guys. Happy end to the story. All I need to do now is figure out how to get my gas tank off so I can run the extended throttle cables!

Back