free website stats program Mobil 1 V-Twin | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Mobil 1 V-Twin

Mobil 1 V-Twin 20/50 Wall Mart Canada $15.99 per Liter. Kind of stings but what can you do? The cost of living in Canada I guess.

Just looking at the bottle it comes in tells me it's not the same as Mobil 1. H-D Syn has a smaller opening than the Mobil 1 products. Mobil 1 isn't going to change the bottles, instead I'd think they'd just change the label.

An example of this is Spectro Oils. They openly say they get their base oils from Mobil and when you look their bottles are similar.

Are u saying spectro six speed is made by Mobile?

Are u saying spectro six speed is made by Mobile?

The synthetic base stock is from Mobil. Then Spectro adds their additive mix.

From Spectro's Tech Knowledge "Oil Comparison" question: "The base oils we buy are different from most of our competitors oils also. We buy exclusively from ExxonMobil for continued quality and consistency"

I understand this an old thread but wanted to add my two cents. ExxonMobil will not private label any Mobil 1 products without a Mobil 1 logo on the bottle. As big as H-D is, ExxonMobil refused to private label the Screaming Eagle oil for H-D without a Mobil 1 logo some where on the bottle, so even though it tested best out of all oils that H-D scrutinized, a deal could not be made and another vendor has been making the oil. Spectro Oil does have a Mobil synthetic base-stock with their own additives as well as Amsoil, who also purchases their synthetic base-stock from ExxonMobil. These two companies are considered "blenders", not refiners. They buy all their finished components from someone like ExxonMobil's base-stock division and additives from companies like ExxonMobil Chemical, Lubrizol etc.

Just found out today that Mobil 1 V-Twin 20W50 is also sold at all O'Reilly Auto Parts, just for anyone who is closer to one of them than Wallmart. Don't know the price; likely a little higher.

If you watch Advanced Auto (Auto Zone may participate as well, not sure) they will have a Mobil 1 Synthetic sale twice a year; usually in the fall and in the spring. 5 quarts plus Mobil 1 oil filter (M1-101 is the one I have used) for $29.99, no limit. The sale is general as it is for any Mobil 1 synthetic and, from what I have heard, some stores will balk at including the VTwin synthetic in the sale but there is nothing in the sale advertisement that excludes it, so push back. I haven't made a purchase this past year so I am not sure that the price has held but worth watching for the sale at your local Auto Zone/Advanced Auto.

For those living around Grand Forks, North Dakota, stop in at Orchard Oil located on Hwy 2 just over the bridge from East Grand Forks. Last time I bought a case it was around $8/qt by the case. Walmart and The Home of Economy couldn't beat them.

Back