free website stats program Mobil 1 V-Twin | Harley Davidson Forums

Mobil 1 V-Twin

willy

I heard at a local H.D. dealership that Mobil is now making Syn3 and it is the same as Mobil 1 V-Twin. Anyone have any knowledge of this.I`m a Mobil 1 user and was curious.

I'm wondering if the dealership started that rumour just to sell their Syn3 stock! :newsmile093: (I haven't heard anything about a Mobil 1 - Syn 3 link btw).

I don't belive they do...but even if they did ,why would you pay $ 11.99 a Qt. for what you can get at Wally World for $ 8.99 a Qt. ?:)

I would believe its someones imagination getting to them...

I don't belive they do...but even if they did ,why would you pay $ 11.99 a Qt. for what you can get at Wally World for $ 8.99 a Qt. ?:)

Even if it were true, I would be shocked if they only charged $11.99/Qt.

I heard at a local H.D. dealership that Mobil is now making Syn3 and it is the same as Mobil 1 V-Twin. Anyone have any knowledge of this.I`m a Mobil 1 user and was curious.

Just looking at the bottle it comes in tells me it's not the same as Mobil 1. H-D Syn has a smaller opening than the Mobil 1 products. Mobil 1 isn't going to change the bottles, instead I'd think they'd just change the label.

An example of this is Spectro Oils. They openly say they get their base oils from Mobil and when you look their bottles are similar.

Harley puts out tenders to oil companies to manufacture their oil, I dont know if their current contract is up, but if it was IMO H D would not let this be known because of the competition with others buying Mobil 1 at discount stores This is JMO

I agree with you all,I thought Citgo was making Syn3 and it was a blend not a full synthetic.I`ll keep using Mobil1 V-Twin since I can get it at Advance Auto around here and my bikes like it to.Thanks for the response.

Back