free website stats program Miserable end to the day | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Miserable end to the day

Visiting Calif one time , and coming off a high twist road down into Y or U ricka area. I slowed down to a comfortable 50 mph. coming off 75/80 with no cops around. Then BANG from the rear and the Sick feeling of the wobble... You will never forget the wobble! Then trying to stop If you can keep the bike up. Well I did thankfully and glad I had slowed to 50 about a 1/2 mile before the bang..

I pride my self on keeping up on my equipment an do check all the needed things. I was on a long trip and knew I needed a new tire "When I got back to Wa." but now you know the rest of My story...
never waited again when a new tire is needed and Now change early to avoid That sick RUSH...

bubbie

Visiting Calif one time , and coming off a high twist road down into Y or U ricka area. I slowed down to a comfortable 50 mph. coming off 75/80 with no cops around. Then BANG from the rear and the Sick feeling of the wobble... You will never forget the wobble! Then trying to stop If you can keep the bike up. Well I did thankfully and glad I had slowed to 50 about a 1/2 mile before the bang..

I pride my self on keeping up on my equipment an do check all the needed things. I was on a long trip and knew I needed a new tire "When I got back to Wa." but now you know the rest of My story...
never waited again when a new tire is needed and Now change early to avoid That sick RUSH...

bubbie

Not as bad as us getting the Poof Button:p

SixPack, I have learned from your Miserable experience. I am going get me an emergency tire kit for my machine. May come in handy someday. Thanks so much for posting this. RKW:)

Ive had tyres burst 3 times when riding the first time was the worst i got thrown on to the motorway i was doing 70 when it went and managed to loose a lot of speed before being dumped
i remember hitting the side of a bus then did a bit of sliding bike was still in the fast lane endine still running and back wheel going round my friend was back up the road a bit screaming in pain he had taken some skin off his hands hadnt been wearing gloves
i never want a repeat of that so tyres get changed at the first sign of any doubt

Brian

Ive had tyres burst 3 times when riding the first time was the worst i got thrown on to the motorway i was doing 70 when it went and managed to loose a lot of speed before being dumped
i remember hitting the side of a bus then did a bit of sliding bike was still in the fast lane endine still running and back wheel going round my friend was back up the road a bit screaming in pain he had taken some skin off his hands hadnt been wearing gloves
i never want a repeat of that so tyres get changed at the first sign of any doubt

Brian

I change the tires on my Hawgs when the tread is 3/32nds of an inch in depth, IF not before. My tires wear out long before dry rot is an issue.:newsmile100: Tires, brakes, and lights are the most important safety aspect to a machine IMHO.:)

NEWHD74FAN;
Have you used this pocket plugger?

I'm sold, I can use it on my fleet, wife and four daughter's cars too.

Last edited:
Back