free website stats program Miserable end to the day | Harley Davidson Forums

Miserable end to the day

SixPak

Well it was a beautiful afternoon here in the Vancouver area. After a long day at work I decided to go for a spin. Was only out 1/2 hr when the day went to the dogs. A gremlin bit me and pushed a 3 inch piece of steel into my rear tire. So there i sat on the side for 1.5 hrs while my wife drove 20 miles to bring me the plug kit and a can of Punture Seal. Fixed up tire and went home. Now gotta get a new tire. Only had about 7400 km (4500 mi) on it. Expensive ride today.:(

I can relate SixPak, and as you know Miserable=Forgettable (but not forgotten). We all know the deal, list what you did wrong (1 word Unprepared), then what you did right (2 words Learning Experience)...! Yeah put it on your list...a small rope plug kit w/CO2 inflator tucked under the seat or in a little tool bag (fork or tail mounted) and then next time (as if it will be in say 2 or 3 years when you least expect it)...BUT it will happen and you'll be ready. And if you had a road hazard/card even if you were beyond the good wife' coverage area you would be covered.

I feel for you, but a 1.5 Hour wait is far from a miserable day IMO. If you want, I can tell you about a miserable day....... Learn from your mishap and be prepared next time. And I hope for NO miserable days ahead for you.:s

Might not have been the most 'miserable end' but was first chance to ride in a couple weeks. A crazy thing called "work" keeps getting in the way. LOL. I will definitely put small plug kit it tool bag. At least the weather was nice and it happened in a low traffic area. And I wasn't too far from home. Just a part of life eh? The wife is more upset than I am.

I can relate SixPak, and as you know Miserable=Forgettable (but not forgotten). We all know the deal, list what you did wrong (1 word Unprepared), then what you did right (2 words Learning Experience)...! Yeah put it on your list...a small rope plug kit w/CO2 inflator tucked under the seat or in a little tool bag (fork or tail mounted) and then next time (as if it will be in say 2 or 3 years when you least expect it)...BUT it will happen and you'll be ready. And if you had a road hazard/card even if you were beyond the good wife' coverage area you would be covered.

What brand kit, co2 inflator and where can you get them? Had tubes on my old bike but the new one is tubless and I want to be prepared. Thanks

a small compressor is nice bout the size of my hand carry in saddle bag w/ plugs ..

What brand kit, co2 inflator and where can you get them? Had tubes on my old bike but the new one is tubless and I want to be prepared. Thanks

As Ultrat said, a small compressor (12 volt) would be nice. All I carry is a small foot pump and tire plugs as well as a tube tire inflator all available at any auto parts store or wal mart.

Man can I relate to that... same tale different story.
Last Saturday went for a ride with a couple of friends, we were riding through the small town of Hollister when my derby cover fell off, last time my primary was serviced was almost 3500 miles ago, the two guys I was with went back and actually found it and the gasket. Borrowed a screw from each of them and proceeded to the nearest HD dealer and bought a new cover as the old one was very beat up. Ride back to San Jose and went by the dealer there as I have a gift card from them and thought about getting the matching timing cover. On the way home from there I was sitting at a stop light and the soccer mom behind me rind into me, then says it’s not her fault, she thought I was moving... how’s that for a miserable day :bigsmiley15:

Man can I relate to that... same tale different story.
Last Saturday went for a ride with a couple of friends, we were riding through the small town of Hollister when my derby cover fell off, last time my primary was serviced was almost 3500 miles ago, the two guys I was with went back and actually found it and the gasket. Borrowed a screw from each of them and proceeded to the nearest HD dealer and bought a new cover as the old one was very beat up. Ride back to San Jose and went by the dealer there as I have a gift card from them and thought about getting the matching timing cover. On the way home from there I was sitting at a stop light and the soccer mom behind me rind into me, then says it’s not her fault, she thought I was moving... how’s that for a miserable day :bigsmiley15:

That is definitely way way more miserable than mine. Hope you are OK and bike can be fixed. Don't see how the woman figures was your fault. She hit you.

Back