free website stats program miles on tires | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

miles on tires

I ride 14 to 16K a year so every spring I replace the rear and every other year I replace both. So I don't have to worry about, "do I have enough tire for the long trip or do I get it replaced along the way"?

I've still got the original OEM Dunlop on my front and it has about 19000 miles but will be replaced soon early next season. The back OEM Dunlop got replaced at 14000 miles. I have an 08 FLHT.

I got 35,000 kms on my front original Dunlop and 30,00 kms on the rear original for an 08 EG Classic.
The front still had lots of tread but small cracks were showing around the grooves.
I kept the pressure at 40 rear and 36 front always. Pressure is a big part of longer life in tires.

I have an 09 decker with 53k on it. The front tire was recalled at 15k, so the replacement has 38k. The original back tire made it to 20k, the next two dunlops got about 16 each. I am running a metzler now, the load rating gives a wt at 50psi, so I am running 50 psi in it. I have some gravel roads in my life, but mostly fourlaner time. I travel in the 125_130 kph range, so I believe my problem is heat. Maybe the extra airpressure will help. Let you know how it works.

09 FLSTC - 12k on rear stock tire and 15 on front. Front still had good tread on it, just lost confidence in it.

You all push, and trust, your tires far more than I do. I change the back out at 7500/8000, and the front every other rear change. Usually 15,000/16,000 for the front. When I've got only 2 tires, I never take a chance. I just replaced my rear on my Ultra today, it had 7500.

I have a 2011 Heritage I bought last spring and it has 5,200 miles on the rear an going to have to replace it this spring. I thought that was not very many miles to have to be replaced. I had a Dyna Super Glide before this bike and got 12,000 miles out of both tires thought that was pretty good. Is that about norm for the Heritage?????Thanks.....

Back