free website stats program michelin scorcher tires on Streetbob | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

michelin scorcher tires on Streetbob

I can't speak for the handling (living in central Illinois, there are no twisties, except the on and off ramps to the highway!), but as for the wet pavement, I am extremely pleased with the Michelin Macadam 50 on the back of my Street Bob. And, for the cost-conscious owner/rider, this tire is just the ticket.

I live in a rain forest on the north tip of Vancouver Island and spend alot of time ridng in the rain. I had Dunlop tires on my 2008 Sportster, and found them to be quite adiquate in all conditions. My new Super Glide Custom has the Michelin Scorcher's and they are exceptional!! Through rain and anything else you can throw at them. I draw the line at riding in snow, but had no choice last winter, when I rode through wet slush. (higher elevation surprise slush storm) I was tentative and kept the speed down but was able to ride it out, without any adventures. (about 20 kilometers) Unbeleivable traction!!! The Dunlops were good but I find the Michelins excellent!! - Carry on

I live in a rain forest on the north tip of Vancouver Island and spend alot of time ridng in the rain. I had Dunlop tires on my 2008 Sportster, and found them to be quite adiquate in all conditions. My new Super Glide Custom has the Michelin Scorcher's and they are exceptional!! Through rain and anything else you can throw at them. I draw the line at riding in snow, but had no choice last winter, when I rode through wet slush. (higher elevation surprise slush storm) I was tentative and kept the speed down but was able to ride it out, without any adventures. (about 20 kilometers) Unbeleivable traction!!! The Dunlops were good but I find the Michelins excellent!! - Carry on

Thanks for that input, as it happens I rode through the night last on wet roads and the tyres were ok.I think the original cause of the concern about the tyres performance in the wet was down to local road conditions at the time.
Thanks again and safe roads to you.

Hi there,
I also have Michelin Scorchers on my '10 St Bob and found them, when new to be very loose in the wet. Found i really calmed my riding due to feeling like they'd slip from under. They have improved as they've worn.Also when new found they made a front end grinding sensation which went away after 2k-Never a problem in the dry.Just hit 8k on them and will need to replace rear in another 750-1000.Front still real good.Think i may check out Avons mentioned above.
Happy riding

Hi there,
I also have Michelin Scorchers on my '10 St Bob and found them, when new to be very loose in the wet. Found i really calmed my riding due to feeling like they'd slip from under. They have improved as they've worn.Also when new found they made a front end grinding sensation which went away after 2k-Never a problem in the dry.Just hit 8k on them and will need to replace rear in another 750-1000.Front still real good.Think i may check out Avons mentioned above.
Happy riding
Thanks. Yeah I had the vibration under braking but its gone now and I have about 3k miles up and the tyres feel better and are good and scuffed up.
Could be a harder compound than Michelin are used to using which takes longer to scrub in.
I'm a bit of a wimp in the wet as I have bit the tarmac 3 times in the past-the tyres are better than I am I reckon!.

Back