free website stats program Mice in the engines. | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Mice in the engines.

I'm allergic to cats but I like the snake idea. I could use them in my garage but the real mouse problem is now in the car engines in the driveway. Unfortunately, the snakes are unlikely to stay around the cars in the driveway and would probably wander away to the neighbors looking for more mice. I'm going with the fabric softener sheet route. I'll let you know if it works.

Just got back from my local mechanic. $440.00 to replace the wiring harnesses that the mice had chewed through. Checked my wife's van, which is also parked outside. Yep, mice making a nest and we already paid about $400 to replace a previous set of harnesses that they had chewed through. Zip tied about four sheets of Bounce at various places in both engines. Guess I'll also have to start checking the engines regularly. I know that they got into my Goldwing once because I found mice bait on the engine when I took the engine cover off. That was a few years ago so the bait must have killed them before they could eat the wiring to the point the bike wouldn't work. So, now I've put Bounce under the tires of both bikes. I'd wire down traps in the engine compartments, but I'm afraid that would draw more of the critters than it would kill.

I had one living in my fairing. I park in the shed next to the lawn tractor and the (EDIT) mouse was taking grass clippings and making a nest in the fairing! When I pulled the fairing off it looked like a pound of pot fell out (whatever that looks like)

Please read this...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
Back