free website stats program Mice in the engines. | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Mice in the engines.

I live beside an open green space and I used to have a mouse problem,I solved this by putting a bowl of warfarin behind the wall on each side of the garage and two small boxes with holes in the end full of warfarin on either side of the garage outside walls. I do this every fall and havent had a problem since

Take it from a person that lives on a farm. Mice are every were even if you never see them.
You can trap them but you only get a few, poison only gets some and makes a mess they die in the walls or inside some compartment. Tricks like spay, moth balls soap none of that works a couple of good cats that are well cared for will wipe out the mice. Leave the cats out at night.
I had problems around here tried it all daughter brought her cats here while she was at collage, no more mice and she is never getting the cats back, I payed for most of collage she owes me the cats.

Keep those cats Smitty.My wifes cat just likes to play with them.He'll come into the living room with a mouse in his mouthe and just as Im about to give him the attaboy, he lets it go.The mouse heads for the nearest exit and the wife heads for higher ground.

i have a pittbull who catches everything or tries to catch everything from birds to bees (including mice and rat).....lol i guess he just gets board

I used to set traps with peanut butter, hauled a mouse out in the trap every day. Got tired of that and got some cats. Haven't hauled a mouse out since. Now I just have cat tracks all over vehicles and they like to sleep on the seat of the bike. Oh well, at least I don't have mice.

I use old socks filled with moth balls hanging in the attic or in the steamer trunks to keep out all the pests. Fairly successful at keeping them at bay. Could try that in the engine compartments.

On the outside rodents, I like to set up a hide in one of the upstairs windows. Got a low level light on the front of the garage to see, and a low power scope on the pellet gun. Kinda fun!!

TQ

Years ago my dad's shop was beside the Grand River and we had a terrible problem with rats.One day he cornered one and singed it with the torch,then let it go ,he explained to me that they are terrified of the smell of their hair burning and that one would go back to where they nest and they would all leave. It would work for about 6 months at a time.

I guess if ya don't like cats and your trying the natural way to get rid of mice you could get some snakes:s The King Snake is a good Mouse Hunter.:newsmile053:

Back