free website stats program Mesh exhaust gaskets | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Mesh exhaust gaskets

I have never bought the Screaming Eagle exhaust gaskets......They cost more $$$ The H-d Gasket works fine so why pay more for S.E. If it seals it seals.

and you installed them and everything was ok???
i have only ever used the thicker ones and only ever removed the thicker ones.
those thin ones dont look like they would seal properly not enough meat.

So far no problems but my stock one looked thin

and i didnt ask for screaming eagle ones nor get them as far as package said

to me it looks like the new ones are the screaming eagle exhaust gaskets instead of the Harley ones. If they are they will still work.

Most likely the old gaskets are the SE's. The manual calls for SE gaskets. I am going to go back and get the SE in the morning, just too be safe..

nice, glad you found the answer without resorting to more money, i have never seen or used those even with aftermarket pipes, so sorry if i misled you slightly.
let us see the finished project
ride safe
No worries. It was good to stop and look into it. Better safe than sorry. Like I said this is my first exhaust change of any kind on my own, so I am kind of learning step by step here, but I am ready to jump to it in the morning. I have got the brackets on and the heat shields on, just gotta bolt it all up. I did not realize when I ordered the exhaust that the tips were not included, so I had to order them today, another $100 bucks. Then I had to go back and get a couple of flanges, because the flanges on the short shots can not be taken off. So I guess live and learn..

Hey, I like this troubleshooting over the pond, with good British hospitality. Last time I dialed a 1-800 tech support line, the fellow spoke such broken "English" I had to stop after 10 minutes because the "--company must charge you an hourly rate if equipment is out of warranty..." Talk about "Customer DIS-Service"!

Well I finished it up. It was not fun, but it is on and it sounds great!!. It is a lot deeper sound than that the short shots. It is the look and sound I was going for, so I am pretty pleased..Thanks for all who helped out..I got a lot of parts on order, it is going to look alot differt by summer. I plan on some chrome forks, brakes and a new front rim..

Last edited by a moderator:
very nice i like them they suit the bike as well :D
Thanks, I have to do a few tweaks, they are staggered about a 1/4inch, just don't feel like doing anymore today. Do you think I have to have any adjustments to the carb?? I rode it and it seems fine.

Back