free website stats program May need to move a 16x24' shed | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

May need to move a 16x24' shed

QUOTE=glider;366552]Have you thought about trying to sell it to the person that would be buying the house instead of moving it. I think the cost of moving it would be balanced out if you could do it this way.
GLIDER.....I think your wright again...:D..:hii

Just common sense to me. Rather than trying to move something like this, I would either sell it to the new owner or advertise it for sale with a "you move it" disclaimer. Either that or I can HAVE it moved for $$$ and hold no liability for the move. Third option is "Here's the name of a mover".

Just common sense to me. Rather than trying to move something like this, I would either sell it to the new owner or advertise it for sale with a "you move it" disclaimer. Either that or I can HAVE it moved for $$$ and hold no liability for the move. Third option is "Here's the name of a mover".

I hope you know I was just admitting that your common sense made more sence to me than my own..:D..I try to listen to all and be open minded..

Apreciate all the replies. This is a shed I designed and built myself. It is set up the way I like it and is built to last. Leaving it is not an option, it is my scoots home. :) I'll contact some local shed companies..they gotta have contacts that can help me.

Mavagrand; good luck w/the shed move & you'll be amazed to see how easy they are to re-locate. Because yours is new construction, much better than working w/old & rotted structures. I helped my dad move everything from trailer houses, small sheds, grain bins & 2-stall garages when I was younger. Now...we lived in rural MN so transport was fairly simple (country gravel roads) and mostly we loosened the bldg. from foundation (bolts or anchors), added support beams (prevent from collapsing), jacked it up & lowered onto wheels. From there it was hitched up to tractor & take the slow ride home.

Best to hire a moving crew because the equipment's spendy - work a fair deal & you'll be back in your shed in no time. Cheers!

Apreciate all the replies. This is a shed I designed and built myself. It is set up the way I like it and is built to last. Leaving it is not an option, it is my scoots home. :) I'll contact some local shed companies..they gotta have contacts that can help me.

How far will you be moving your shead?

How far will you be moving your shead?

About 20 miles to a home I own in another city. It's a large shed so still gotta c heck with code enforcement where I'm gonna move it to make sure it's good. that is the only concern I ha e

Good luck with selling home and moving shead...I bet you have a nice workshop in thair..Id be lost without my shop. Hopefully things will work out for ya...Ride safe.:)

Back