free website stats program May need to move a 16x24' shed | Harley Davidson Forums

May need to move a 16x24' shed

Mavagrand

Have the place up for sale here in Central Florida. Some may remember about 1.5 years ago I built a 16x24' shed for my stuff. Well should this place sell I want to take the shed with me. anyone know what is involved? I realize the shed is large so figure permits will be needed. I've got almost 5k in the construction of this shed, to replace it with a factory built one would be around 14k from what I've researched. figure cheaper to move it.

Get involved with some towing companies or the people that deliver already built sheds and find out who delivers for them..

How far do you think you may move? How tall is the shead walls? I would think about taking it apart so you could fit it on a car traler...we can hall 8ft 6in here.I know it would be a lot of work and you would have to replace some plyood and siding...I bet it would cost a lot more to hall something that wide for aney distance.. Just my 2 cents

Check the yellow pages for "house movers" as long as the roof is not too tall they can do it in a couple hours and should be pretty cheap, that would be gravy to them.

Agree with checking the Yellow pages or internet for movers bonded and insured and to be excluced from the sale of property in contract:s

I would have to take it down to something I could haul . Good luck on selling your house. I have been trying to sell mine since the beginning of the year and have not received 1 phone call.

Honestly, more trouble than what it's worth. The key here it, it is easier to build from scratch or a kit...than it is to partially disassemble the assembled shed into managable "bits" and then reassemble...AFTER you have poured a foundation after setting up potential site...gotta ask yourself truthfully...what makes the most sense to you and your time (remember money is just a tool, and you use that to assist IN your move. Just me thinking out loud. :D

Have you thought about trying to sell it to the person that would be buying the house instead of moving it. I think the cost of moving it would be balanced out if you could do it this way.

QUOTE=glider;366552]Have you thought about trying to sell it to the person that would be buying the house instead of moving it. I think the cost of moving it would be balanced out if you could do it this way.[/QUOTE]

GLIDER.....I think your wright again...:D..:hii

I agree leave it , if it was a prefab steel building then it would be easy to dismantle, check out craigslist and your local forsale adds ,lots of people for what ever reason buy these steel building kits and never errect for one reason or another , Ive bought 2 of my buildings this way and saved thousands min over half of what they payed for them , the nice thing about them they area local, so they were most likly designed to conform to your area building codes (wind and snow load ratings)they also come with eng. stamped drawings for submitle to your local building code inspectors.also the nice things about these buildings is if you find one that was smaller then yu were looking for you can always call the company that made the building and expand it very easly, or vise a versa ,buy a larger building and errect to a smaller size.

Back