free website stats program maxi-fuse | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

maxi-fuse

If its like the EG it is mounted over the fuse panel on the left side of the bat. box directly under your side cover

I Took The Battery Cover Off And Looked At The + Battery Wire And Traced As Far As I Could From The Right Side (not Much Room For Anything Behind This Cover) Porkchop Said It Is Behind The Left Side Cover. I Will Look There Tonight. I Just Wonder If I Diconnect The Battery Cables If That Would Be Good Enough. My Bike Does Not Have An Alarm System.

There's really no need to disconnect anything doing a stage 1 BUT removing the battery connection will do the same as removing the maxi fuse.

thanks glider I will be tearing into this tonight.

Jdpe, Just Follow The Instructions In The Box With The Unit. They Are Also Posted On Dobeck's Web Site. I Mounted Mine Under The Seat Turned Long Ways To The Back Fender. I Is Really Close Under There But It Will Fit. I Think If I Had To Do It Over I Would Put It Behind The Left Side Cover. By Passing The Rear O2 Sensor Is A Piece Of Cake, But The Front One Is A Little Tougher. You Have To Remove Your Regulator From Front Of Down Tubes And Pop The Plastic Housing Apart To Get To It. After Pluging The Wire From The Ecm I Wire Tied It Inside The Plastic Housing. Then Put Every Thing Back Together Again. Can't Tell The O2 Is Disconnected. The Instructions With The Tfi Say It Doesn't Matter Which Order You Hook The Injector Wires Onto The Injectors. Dobeck's Support Says To Put The Yellow Wire From The Tfi Unit On The Front Cyl. Injector

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, i got all my stage one stuff installed. The wire that plugged into the back of the air cleaner according to my wrench at the dealership only works on the california bikes. It is just plugged into a dummy hole on the back of the air cleaner. There is a cap already on it. He did recommend wire tieing it up to the harness under the tank some
where instead of hanging it on the little hooky thing that comes with the kit. Weather was nice here today(about 65) sunshine all over the place. Took the low rider out for a good test ride and she performed flawlesly. I love my stage one kit it is perfect for my type of rideing. Thanks for all your help thru this. If you want a good running bike with a little more hp and response I highly recommend this setup.

Back