free website stats program maxi-fuse | Harley Davidson Forums

maxi-fuse

hogtyd

Hi Dyna People.
I Just Bought A Screamin Eagle Stage 1 Air Cleaner For My 2007 Low Rider. I Am Ok With The Installation Instructions For This Part Except They Tell You To Pull The Maxi-fuse Before Starting. I Can Fin The Maxi-fuse In My Manual But I Can't Tell Where It Is Located On The Bike! The Manual Shows A Good Picture But I Can't Tell The Location On The Bike. Can Anyone Enlighten Me As To The Where Abouts Of This Fuse? Thanks

The senser that was hooked to the factory air cleaner needs to be disconected. the maxi fuse is the main power fuse for all the electrics on the bike. or you could just disconect the bat.

Can Anyone Tell Me Where The Maxi Fuse Is Located On A 2007 Low Rider?

Thanks For The Reply! The Instuctions Say To Disconnect The Battery First, The The Maxi Fuse. Is There A Reason To Do Both. Also If I Disconnect The Sensor On The Original Air Cleaner, What Do You Do With It?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks For The Reply! The Instuctions Say To Disconnect The Battery First, The The Maxi Fuse. Is There A Reason To Do Both. Also If I Disconnect The Sensor On The Original Air Cleaner, What Do You Do With It?
The kit sould have come with a cap for the plug that went to the senser. Just cap it and tie it up with a zip tie.The maxi fuse is behind the electical panel on the left side of the bike. just pull on the panel and it will come off.

Did you get the download from the dealer?

Last edited by a moderator:
No I Have Not. I Have Installed The Dobeck Techclusion Tfi And A Set Of Rush Slipons With 1 3/4 Baffles. According To Dobeck The Tfi Will Take Care Of The Remap

I Read The Instructions That Came With The Kit, It Did Not Mention A Plug For The Sensor. It Just Tells You To Stick The Little Hanger On The Backside Of The New Backplate An Hang The Wire In It. I Have Not Installed This Thing Yet, Just Trying To Get A Leg Up Before I Start. You Guy's Have Been A Big Help Already! Anything Else I Should Be Aware Of?

That about sums it up. Mine had a cap in it and i had to fold the wire over and tie it up so it didnt hang down, but no hanger on mine.The purpose for pulling the maxi or disc the bat is so that your engine light doesnt come on from the senser beeing unhooked. once finished just hook it back up and go. well off to bed now hope this helped.

Check your owners or preferably the service manual, but the Maxi Fuse is usually located at the first main wiring "intersection" or "branch" device (rubber/plastic) housing coming off the main RED (+) battery cable, usually alongside the battery. When you remove the cap/lanyard, the fuse measures 1 1/2" L by 1 1/4" W x 1/2" w/ color coded/labeled body and 2 blade contacts. You can look inside and see if the fuse link element is clean, intact and no parts of the fuse should show corrosion or open conductor...or use an ohmmeter to check fuse for continuity.

Last edited:
Good timing Hogtyd.

I am doing a Stage 1 myself on an '09 FXDC. Looks like I am doing it the same way as you. Just put on the SEII slip-ons last night. The TFi should be here within a few days (hopefully before the weekend).

I also just got the Stage 1 air kit in the mail yesterday.

Let me know if you run into any kinks with the TFi. It will be my weekend project.

Back