free website stats program Marv won't go to the dealer with me again | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Marv won't go to the dealer with me again

Boy, who says HD sales is based on strong armed marketing? All you have to do is walk thru the "revolving" door just once...! You gotta have a game plan...lets see,

1) "-- if I go in to the parts department to get parts keep focused - make it a point to "mumble something" when the cute gal asks if she can help you...keep your eyes forward...

2) " --when the parts guy asks how things are going...don't answer the rhetorical question (keep your mouth shut) nod AND only ask for the part, keep your eyes focused on him walking to the back and do NOT, I repeat do NOT look at the desk, or to the right or left...!

3) "--if a salesman who walks up behind you asks you "Have you seen that new XXX ride we just got in? Oppps "blind sided...?"

...try not...oh I give up...!:laugh

While my wife and I were down out of washington on a 7 day ride in Aug 09, into idaho,montana,oregon and back home.

I LOVE d MY 2000 FXDS and put a lot of HOT parts into it, big motor,6speed, RUNNING 2 up just fine.

At BEND OREGON the NEW voltage regulator (installed w/stator and battery Right before we left on 7 dayer),,, Quit working and DEAD bike.. NOT GOOD.

Taken to CASCADE HD, in BEND Or. (the sisters, A beautiful area)

SEAMS everything needs to be ordered now-days especially on the OLDER MODELS.
PARTS ordered and MIGHT be here by sat.(2 days) was the reply.

The new 2010's had JUST come out at the front of August 2 weeks before..

I spent a lot of time at their SMALL but NICE HD shop and the people (customers and crew) were a kick to talk with.. STORIES

ESPECIALLY fun were the sales people. I loved giving them a HARD time.

I was having fun with one young sales guy and saying;

IF YOU CAN MAKE ME A GOOD ENOUGH of a DEAL, I'LL BUY A NEW BIKE FROM YOU... BUT it HAS to be a GOOD deal...

He would go back with me and start my charged up bike and look n listen and I would tell him MY bike loaded and as NEW LOOKING as any HE HAD on the show room floor...(lots of new stuff, trade deal had to be high$ here)

He agreed, BUT said YOUR bike is 10 years old....
I would return the PUN,,, but LOOK at it.. and with all the HOP-UPS on it....

It did have LOTS of extras but IT WAS 10 YEARS OLD.....
HE worked WITH ME and I worked ON HIM.. As I had 3 days to do it in..

Finally he was willing to talk a higher value on my bike IF I would take the 09 roadking instead of the 2010, (that was my mental plan right off)... OKAY I said, lets work on that!

The HIGHER TRADE VALUE was VERBALLY given and I talked them out of 2800$ VERBALLY off the sticker price already marked down once on the FLHR 09.... Being the last 09 FLHR in there shop, other than a couple of sportsters.

I was NOT really there to purchase a NEW bike..... I was GETTING pretty DEEP into the purchase THO'......

THE MANAGER keeping tabs on his young sales guy, asked if I wanted to have THE deal put on paper....?

I said NO and he asked why?, I said I could get a better deal up here in WA. at Downtown HD, and would rather BUY from MY local dealer.

I was talking with my wife while in HD,,,,,, who had JUST asked me, "if I was going to buy the NEW bike?"

JUST as the sales guy came up and asked ME the same question....

I answered BOTH of them:

"IF you throw in a tall back rest and luggage rack on a 4 point docking system , I"LL TAKE THE BIKE.... DEAL?

He left SAYING i'll CK. (sunday night)

Monday morning , he approached me saying HE could NOT get THAT deal as the PARTS i asked for were nearly 1000$ installed at their cost...

Well, I shrugged my shoulders and said, I'll have to ride my bike home then, when it is ready...

An hour later, he approached me again and said THEY would WORK with me..

BACK n FORTH a few times MORE.... he going to the sales manager, looked across the floor and gave me a thumbs up...

Across the show room floor, I put my hand out and SHOOK it in the jester I would take the DEAL ...

THEY gave me the parts I asked for and installed them for 350$ MORE on the VERBAL deal..
YES we put it on paper. DONE

MY wife jokes with friends that we left on a beautiful OLD red bike and came back on a beautiful NEW blue bike.

that's the way it happened.
signed....BUBBIE

For me it's just the opposite; I always take my wife with me when I go the the stealershedp. See, after riding my 2005 sporty a couple years we stopped by the dealer to get me a new helmet, while looking my beautiful wife saw a blue 2007 Heritage and proclaimed "I love that bike, we gotta have that bike". Drove it home shortly there after. Thanks sweetie.

Ha. Nice one.
That's the same way I picked up mine. Was "just stopping in" to pick something up from a friend who worked at the dealer. Left with the keys to my Ultra.

I tried, but when the dealer offered me $7800 for my perfect 07 wide glide I quit trying, I don't like to be insulted.

My girlfriend wanted to know if I could stop at the local dealer to pick up a $ 50 gift card for her brother. That's all it took, needless to say I can't go to the dealer by myself anymore.

Finally talked wife into getting new bike. Our metric was alright however she knew my heart wasn't in it. So we decided on a Heritage as we drove a buddies and she was sold on HD. Once in the dealership, I see her on the Ultra, First time she said your getting this one, and you heard no complaining from me.

Went to the HD dealer to get a couple of parts and while I was getting them, my wife traded her 1200 on a new Heritage. She always said I couldn't go to the dealer alone. Now she can't go, cause my visits are usually cheaper.

Back in '05 I was marking time at the dealership while the SO was in a course. After picking her up and heading for some groceries, I decided she might want to look at the Screamin' Eagle brushed aluminium paint job. She liked it, but liked the Midnight Cherry RK Classic better. She asked if I would trade my '94FXSTC for it. Before we left the dealership, I was the proud owner of a lowered & accessorized '05 RK. Nice retirement prezzie from my Sweetheart.:D

Back