free website stats program Marrying NEW TSM/TSSM To Bike (password relearn) | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Marrying NEW TSM/TSSM To Bike (password relearn)

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK - I am putting a non security TSM back in my 03 Fatboy - I did the whole instruction sheet on waiting for 10 minutes 3 times - but the bike still will not start - runs for a second or so then shuts off - - is there a different way to do it going from a security TSSM back to a regular TSM??

I followed the Mr. Data's instructions - probably the only thing I've done on the bike that worked as planned. For me the process took 1/2 hour at 3 ten minute intervals. I recall reading something - I thought from Joyflyin, that mentioned that this was no time to multi task. That was true, as well as the comment on using the battery tender.

You are correct Shaker, you have to watch the little blinking light. :) You cannot read a magazine and do this. :D

Hi. I had my ECM off to replace my fender. Do I have to go through this procedure when hooking it back up. it ran for two or three different times. Now I have nothing at the start button .the run switch is on. No signals or security either.
Thanks

Recheck your connections that you opened up when removing the fender. If you had a connection it would crank but not run for more than a second if you had to the the remarry procedure.

Hi...2004 RoadKing 94CI no spark, changed crank positioning sensor, spark plugs, wires, coil, TSSM, tried the marrying procedure...still, no spark..need ideas...what next?

hi, just found you guys today and hope you can help. have a 2003 fat boy 100th anniv. only has about 1500 miles on it and took out battery for winter storage (we are in wisconsin). went to put battery back in today and test start it up and the efi went on but bike would not start and i started seeing white smoke and smelling electrical burning so i quickly disconnected the battery. called hd shops and was told i had a bad ground somewhere....couldnt find anything, was just ready to call it quits when i unplugged the tssm and found the problem! the plug-in end and the tssm were "smoking" and some of the tssm pins got "stuck" in the plug in end because they were melting. i have learned that the tssm part #68921-01B (new part # 68921-01D) is somewhere btw $120-$200 depending on the dealer. i found a used one on ebay that i can maybe get for about $25. is it a wise move to get a used one? i do NOT have the security system on my bike or any fobs so the security system is not an issue for me, would i be able to "marry" this easily to my bike? thanks, rick and michelle

hi, just found you guys today and hope you can help. have a 2003 fat boy 100th anniv. only has about 1500 miles on it and took out battery for winter storage (we are in wisconsin). went to put battery back in today and test start it up and the efi went on but bike would not start and i started seeing white smoke and smelling electrical burning so i quickly disconnected the battery. called hd shops and was told i had a bad ground somewhere....couldnt find anything, was just ready to call it quits when i unplugged the tssm and found the problem! the plug-in end and the tssm were "smoking" and some of the tssm pins got "stuck" in the plug in end because they were melting. i have learned that the tssm part #68921-01B (new part # 68921-01D) is somewhere btw $120-$200 depending on the dealer. i found a used one on ebay that i can maybe get for about $25. is it a wise move to get a used one? i do NOT have the security system on my bike or any fobs so the security system is not an issue for me, would i be able to "marry" this easily to my bike? thanks, rick and michelle
Welcome to The Forum, I am LEARY of used electrical parts My first question on this one would be why was it removed from a bike and 2 what will the sellers warranty to you be?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back