free website stats program making it yours | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

making it yours

I bought my 883 custoom new. It was mine then especially after riding it home from the dealer 40 miles down the highway in a driving rain. Then I personalized it by having the Stage 1 done, and adding skulls to almost anything that is available, ie timer cover, derby cover, caliper inserts, Next is the windsheild.

To make it more "mine", I added amber spot lamps to the '09 EG, mustach engine guards, RK seat, backrest, LED turn/stop lamps, red LED engine accent lights, lighted pass. footpegs (all for safety), and added removeable TP kit, and lastly, XM radio. Whew!! Keepin' it stored at HD this winter may have made it "too easy" to add all this stuff, but .. it was about makin' it mine. (then I went and bought stock in HD!!!) Maybe not a bad idea to help the Motor Company stay on it's feet! Yesterday it was goin' for roughly $10.50/share! :D

To make my 08 Street Bob "mine" I have been blacking out most chrome and brushed aluminum. I am making a sissybar for it with my own 2 hands(first time working with metal) and I am in the process of changing the exhaust(on order) intake(still trying to find it) and the ECM (Thundermax w/autotune). I have replace mid controls with Harley forward controls. All so far with no mechanic.

Bought mine in North Carolina......about 5 hrs from WV, & even further away from Ohio. :s But, the bike spoke to me and after that, there was no more looking.

Like some of the others, I guess the check I wrote was like "bail money" to get my Wide Glide out of (dealership) jail! From then on it's been the little things that make us close. An Army dipstick cap in honor of my son, a few pieces of crome to dress her up, luggage for our weekends together, a moustache bar for a better fit!
I don't think I could sit down and decide what would be the best way(s) to make the bike mine except the kind of customizing that comes along with a little time together and lots of miles. Have fun "making your bike yours" and I hope all your miles are enjoyable!

Bought mine in North Carolina......about 5 hrs from WV, & even further away from Ohio. :s But, the bike spoke to me and after that, there was no more looking.

Joy,I bought mine in Loussiana,21 hrs. from me.:eam

Joy,I bought mine in Loussiana,21 hrs. from me.:eam
Hope you took it home on the first trip. :D I didn't feel so bad talking the future hubby into talking his buddy into a road trip for 5 hrs, what am I saying, I probably would have made him drive 21 hrs. :)

Hope you took it home on the first trip. :D I didn't feel so bad talking the future hubby into talking his buddy into a road trip for 5 hrs, what am I saying, I probably would have made him drive 21 hrs. :)

Did the rest by internet and telephone.They dropped it off a few hours from my home:D

Gee, never thought of that.....fortunately he & his best friend were up for a road trip.

Back