free website stats program Lowering my 2011 Street Glide | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Lowering my 2011 Street Glide

Thanks HDDON, dbmg and Breeze I think I now have a better understanding of seat height. Lots to think about. I will check with bagger werx and my dealer for installation. While expensive it just lowers the seat not the bike.

Thanks,

Sam

Thanks HDDON, dbmg and Breeze I think I now have a better understanding of seat height. Lots to think about. I will check with bagger werx and my dealer for installation. While expensive it just lowers the seat not the bike.

Thanks,

Sam

Let us know what you find out. I have always wanted to sit in my FLTRI like I do with my FLSTC. I have always felt like I am sitting on my RG.

HDDON - I bit the bullet and purchased a new 2014 FLHXS, it comes lower in the rear and I am having the front end lowed by an inch and a half. I should take delivery before the end of this week and will let you know how it turns out.

I like the vent on the fairing and the new radio/nav. unit. Stock it seems to have more power than my 2011 SG. I will add SE slip-ons within a month or so, I need to decide how loud I want it. Might go with an aftermarket product.
Also will change out the filter with a K&N for more airflow.

I want to thank all for your suggestions and comments.

Sam

Hello Sam,
I lowered my 2011 with the front end kit from HD and shocks from a company called Bitchin Baggers. I can say that it made a huge difference, my inseam is 30 and I went from a half of a foot on the ground to almost flat footed on both feet!! The shocks are the factory HD air-shock they make shorter and are guaranteed for life. You lose some on sharp cornering but that's something you can make up for in riding style.

James

Attachments

• Bike Nov 016.jpg
    Bike Nov 016.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Back