free website stats program Lowering my 2006 fatboy | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Lowering my 2006 fatboy

I have my 2006 fatboy done and it looks good lowered. Thankyou all for your help. And yes if anybody was wondering i did lower the front also. My bike looks great now.

Any ideas on removing the tension with having a press? I have already removed the shocks, but need to release the tension in order to switch to the slam kit adjusters.

I mean without having a press

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm interested in the effects of lowering you bike. It has been suggested that mine would look good lowered.......My only thinking of the advantage may be that it would change the angle of my kickstand so that it may not always dig into the pavement so bad.....:eam

Joy

When you lower a bike the springs have to be a bit stiffer than the stock ones to keep it from bottoming out with the less travel they now have. That will give you a noticeably firmer ride. I had lowered suspension on a previous bike and it rode hard.
Usually the side stand gets replaced also because with the lowered suspension, it stands the bike up too straight. There's pads that can be used under some stand mounting points to angle the stand differently but they don't work on all bikes.
Lowering isn't for everyone.

Sort of what I thought......:s, the guys who mentioned it are all relatively young......but they did tell me it would stiffen up the ride some. They also said that it would be best to lower the front & the rear the same, and that it wouldn't affect the handling too much. I think they are on the up & up with me.
My thoughts are, I don't really need it lowered, I am relatively comfortable on the bike, but I will take some pix of the kickstand and such to show you what I'm referring to. (Your old deuce may have been that way too :s) But I have to use the little kickstand pad on asphalt even on a not so hot day. I'll start a thread with my concern later. Thanks!

Back