free website stats program low gas milage | Harley Davidson Forums

low gas milage

stolivar

all of a sudden my gas milage sucks. down to 30 mpg. used to be around 43.

ride a 04 RG with screaming eagle kit. plugs are black and dry. dies at idle when at stop light.

steve

I'm no expert but it sounds like its running very rich,could be something simple like a blocked air cleaner.

all of a sudden my gas milage sucks. down to 30 mpg. used to be around 43.

ride a 04 RG with screaming eagle kit. plugs are black and dry. dies at idle when at stop light.

steve

The dry part for the plugs is a good thing --the black is kind of questionable.. Sounds lean , what kinda octane you puttin in her? Ever tried any F.I./carb. cleaner in the tank. just a couple of oz's will do.

Sounds like it may be the engine temp. sensor to me. Making the bike think it never warms up and running rich in warm up mode. Have you checked for diagnostic codes?

It just came back from hd. It was on the dyno and they checked it out. They say there is nothing wrong with the bike. the bike is 04 RG, has 30K with EFI, Screaming eagle heads. New plug, no difference. They say everything is in speck.

It did have bad gasgets on the air intake. replaced those (no leaks) also new throttle body on it. the other one had a crack in the shaft.

Put some Cleaner in it tonight.

steve

It just came back from hd. It was on the dyno and they checked it out. They say there is nothing wrong with the bike. the bike is 04 RG, has 30K with EFI, Screaming eagle heads. New plug, no difference. They say everything is in speck.

It did have bad gasgets on the air intake. replaced those (no leaks) also new throttle body on it. the other one had a crack in the shaft.

Put some Cleaner in it tonight.

steve

steve,
Did your scoot throw ANY codes at all??

Just checked the codes none came up but some number did come up after none when I hit the reset

first one PN 105H6025 this was under P
second one none then PN67261-04 under S
third one none then 67459-04 under SP

steve

Back