free website stats program loud pipes? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

loud pipes?

How about those idiots that fire up their leaf blower for a job they could do faster with a broom? Who's writing them a ticket?

How about my neigbours with the 2 yappy dogs that bark at anything that goes by their fence? Who's writing them a ticket?

How about my neighbours outside my bedroom window that have to run their air conditioning from the day the snow melts? ........

I know you get my point.:bigsmiley18:

I hear there are a few cities passing laws against loud pipes. How loud is loud. I hear anything up to 96 decibals at 2500 r.p.m. is o.k. I,m wondering if V&H monsters are too loud. They,re not loud to me, but I,m not the one with the decibel machine. Anyone been checked yet?

The maximum allowable in BC is 93 db not 96
I just had my 09 RK done yesterday.
V&H Monster Ovals/stage1 91.5db at 2500 rpm.

In this area of the world we are blessed with a healthy wildlife population (blacktail deer and black bears) loud pipes are proven handy for sending that hazard hightailing it to the timber. Like others have mentioned here, a little comon sence around town goes a long way.

In Edmonton the new bylaw states 93db at idle and 96db above idle. FYI 96db is twice as loud as 93db.

I just wanna see the cop run beside me with his db metre. :bigsmiley30:

Really. I think it's just an excuse to pull over any biker, ID them and conduct an otherwise illegal search of their person and their bike. Using the law to harass.

City of Edmonton just passed a bylaw today that they say is the first of it's kind in North America (I'm not so sure). 92db at idle and other measurements above idle. If you don't have a tach to calibrate the other tests they have a remote tach that they just touch to your motor. $24,000 per "Noise kit" for the cops to use. $250 fine if in violation. They say they will give a 1 month amnesty period to have your bike tested and come into compliance. July 1 they begin the cleansing of all evil :16: bikers from the streets. Let the unjustified persecution begin. :newsmile077:

City of Edmonton just passed a bylaw today that they say is the first of it's kind in North America (I'm not so sure). 92db at idle and other measurements above idle. If you don't have a tach to calibrate the other tests they have a remote tach that they just touch to your motor. $24,000 per "Noise kit" for the cops to use. $250 fine if in violation. They say they will give a 1 month amnesty period to have your bike tested and come into compliance. July 1 they begin the cleansing of all evil :16: bikers from the streets. Let the unjustified persecution begin. :newsmile077:

Couple of smart lawyers, and lots of American precedent...

ambient noise, calibration, certification, training, illegal search and seizure.

The cops will give up soon enough.

In case anyone was wondering why the police in Vancouver were
suddenly being so nice to offer the test for 'free'............

Here in the Republic of Denver they have a noise ordinance. The problem is that the cops enforce it by ear. They do not carry db meters, and if they "think" you sound to loud they hand you a ticket. Basically the stop you if it annoys them, and if there is not an EPA stamp on the pipes you are getting a ticket for them.

Back