free website stats program Lost key and FOB can't start. | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Lost key and FOB can't start.

Scootertrash; Is it worthwhile to try and retrace your route/stops and see if you can find the lost key & fob? Do you have a owners manual that has the steps for starting without the fob? IF, the bike has the original pin # from the selling dealer, you may be able to find the code with a few trys. Mine was the last 5 digits of serial number backwards. Some are serial #, or 12345, 11111, etc.
There is a way to install a non security TSSM ($100+ from dealer, or $25 up on Ebay). It is quite involved, but I have the sequence that is available on the internet, with some searching.

I would never want to accuse anyone of doing something they did not do, and I do not have any proof of wrongdoing, but this thread just doesn't feel right. Recent amputation, lost both the fob and only key, dealer won't work with the OP because he is not the original owner. If the OP has the vehicle registration in his or her name the dealer will work with them, period. All of us giving suggestions on how to work around the security system just does not feel right to me. JMHO, HDDon.

I totally agree. I rewrote my last sentence about 10 times. The only statement that did not make me feel uncomfortable was "available on internet". :bigsmiley25:

Interesting observation Don, you may be onto something here

Back