free website stats program Lost key and FOB can't start. | Harley Davidson Forums

Lost key and FOB can't start.

scrootertrash

8-11-2013 I went out for a ride today, after six months of rehab from amputation, and somewhere, somehow, I lost the only key and FOB I had. I bought the 2007 FLHT Electric Glide Standard used. I tried to contact the guy I bought it from but he now longer is in State.
Can anyone tell me how to start the bike, so I can get it to the nearest Harley Dealer?
Any considerations on this would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks in advance.

If you contact a HD dealer and give them the Vin # and pertinent info proving ownership, I think the dealership can help you get it started. Since you lost the key that would mean that the ignition switch is not locked so all you will need is for the dealer to reprogram for a new pin if you don't know what it is programed for. Proof of ownership will be the key.

Usually the selling dealer would have the code added to bike during prepping for delivery. Do you know who the selling dealer is ???? To find out code. Then hopefully the previous owner has not changed code. Do you have owners manual??? Usually dealer writes code in manual....
Best of luck to you. :s

8-11-2013 I went out for a ride today, after six months of rehab from amputation, and somewhere, somehow, I lost the only key and FOB I had. I bought the 2007 FLHT Electric Glide Standard used. I tried to contact the guy I bought it from but he now longer is in State.
Can anyone tell me how to start the bike, so I can get it to the nearest Harley Dealer?
Any considerations on this would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks in advance.

Like to know what type amputation????

That may be true but usually the dealers will set their own code when they set the bike up on delivery.

Mine was set up as the last 5 digits of the VIN. Try that and see what happens. Then if it works, you can change it to whatever you like. "0"'s are not allowed. I think you have to have the FOB present to change it though.

Turnerbend it appears we have the same bike. You Asked about the amputation. I was about 8 inches below the knee. I have a temporary leg right now. I need more time on it and for the stump to shrink more before I get my permanent leg.
Sunday was my first time on the bike in 6 months and I messed up by losing the key and FOB. I feel like a dummy I can't for the life of me figure out how. Oh well now I am dealing with the HD dealers that won't or can't help because I am no the original owner.

Oh well now I am dealing with the HD dealers that won't or can't help because I am no the original owner.

I would bet that if you have provided the proper documentation that you now own the bike, its a matter of the dealer does know how or as you have said wants to help you. What a shame..... :(

Back