free website stats program Looking for a new air intake. | Harley Davidson Forums

Looking for a new air intake.

Mongo1958

Hey guys, I'm looking for an air intake to replace my old stage 1 air intake for my 2009 FLHTCU.
The bike has a DD Fat Cat 2 into 1 exhaust, HD stage 1 air intake, 255 cams, and has been dyno tuned.
What I'm looking for is to get rid of the air cleaner cover and replace the air intake with a similar round air intake that has chrome parts like the one in the link. The trouble is the one I want does not fit my bike. Do you all have any ideas? Thanks
https://www.shoputahharley.com/prod...a2Iwz_HnjmPSW1_Q6s8cxWr3xBVw2sixoCHn4QAvD_BwE

AFR- Air Fuel Racial WOT- wide Open Throttle.
D'oh! I suppose I may need another dyno but I had one after the cam install. It had a high volume stage one air intake previously installed. It may need to be twerked a bit but it really doesn't feal much different. I don't remember how much it was last time. I'll call to find out how much it is and go from there. Anyway I installed it to day. While I was removing the old stage one high flow back plate I found the O rings where mangled up and very distorted like they weren't installed right. Geez! Moving forward I installed the new air intake and it looked great. Photos soon to follow.

c5677236-9b0a-475a-ac38-1a643757d008-original.jpg

Dang, a new Dyno tune will cost $375.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dang, a new Dyno tune will cost $375.

You already had the bike tuned with a hi-flow intake so you don't need a tune; all you need is a pull to check AFR at idle, partial throttle and WOT. Most dyno operators will to that for $30-$50; a minimum charge for use of the dyno. Of course, if the operator sees that you need an AFR adjustment (most likely at WOT, there might be an additional charge to make that adjustment, otherwise, after a verifying pull, you are done.

A full dyno tune, by a good operator, on an "untuned" motor could easily take 4-8 hours and 20-30 pulls with cool of time between the later pulls. Talk to the tuner and explain your situation and if he/she won't do it for a minimum charge, find another tuner.

New intake looks good BTW.;)

Back