free website stats program Lookin for more ponies | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Lookin for more ponies

Ouch...I stand corrected and admonished...:newsmile055: maybe just the last part...more important to be on the road more and shop less.?:bigsmiley11:

Well, I went with the 211 cams and the 95" pistons and cylinders and upgraded camplate. I'm just going to use the 2k mile heads stock and install the n65c needle and a 195 jet. Should give me what I'm looking for and still start and idle just fine. Thanks all for the help in getting the right combo----cheers---jack. and I'll report when I get everything dialed in

Not to throw more stuff at you but if your not happy with the way the carb runs with just the needle & jet change here's what I have always used.
29604-00A $74.95
Fits ’00-’06 carbureted Twin Cam-equipped models.
Blackfoot HD use to do the needle change and a lot of their customers were not happy with roadability, performance or mileage, they would drive 150 miles to me for tuning and I do a complete tune job, not just a band aid to keep the engine running. I've seem MMI tech's fresh out of school doing the needle swap and trimming some of the pump rod off like they were shown at school to do performance tuning for the track, well unfortunately most of us drive on public roadways and ride harley's for their smoothness and roadability, ok, and girls. The CV carb is the best street carb on the market and does adjust pretty good for altitude changes and is just a plan old good carb. I always used the tuners kit from Dynojet, now Harley sells them, don't waste your money on the plastic slide Thunderjet or anything fancy just needle and jets. the needle has grooves in it to move the c-clip up or down and is a different taper then the harley needle so jetting is different. On your bike you would want the c-clip in groove three and a 65-70 main jet depending on your home town elevation. This kit cost a couple of bucks but gives you more tune ability to address any performance issues you might have now or down the road.
ps if the kit you get comes with a new spray nozzle for the pumper throw it in the trash, you don't need it. Just may 2 cents.
Now have fun with your build.

Not to throw more stuff at you but if your not happy with the way the carb runs with just the needle & jet change here's what I have always used.
29604-00A $74.95
Fits ’00-’06 carbureted Twin Cam-equipped models.
Blackfoot HD use to do the needle change and a lot of their customers were not happy with roadability, performance or mileage, they would drive 150 miles to me for tuning and I do a complete tune job, not just a band aid to keep the engine running. I've seem MMI tech's fresh out of school doing the needle swap and trimming some of the pump rod off like they were shown at school to do performance tuning for the track, well unfortunately most of us drive on public roadways and ride harley's for their smoothness and roadability, ok, and girls. The CV carb is the best street carb on the market and does adjust pretty good for altitude changes and is just a plan old good carb. I always used the tuners kit from Dynojet, now Harley sells them, don't waste your money on the plastic slide Thunderjet or anything fancy just needle and jets. the needle has grooves in it to move the c-clip up or down and is a different taper then the harley needle so jetting is different. On your bike you would want the c-clip in groove three and a 65-70 main jet depending on your home town elevation. This kit cost a couple of bucks but gives you more tune ability to address any performance issues you might have now or down the road.
ps if the kit you get comes with a new spray nozzle for the pumper throw it in the trash, you don't need it. Just may 2 cents.
Now have fun with your build.

Got to agree wit Chopper here, back in the day I tried a Lectron slide carb, The CV beats them all hands down, jack

Ok I got it done and all I can say is "WOW". I couldn't get a 195 jet so I got another 190 and measured the hole at .067 and openned it up to approx. .072 with a jet drill, took out the plug in the mixture screw and openned it up 1/4 turn. Along with the n65c needle. it seems to idle real nice with no farts on soft accel, even in this cold weather, and when I goose it it steps right out. Not a rocket of course but a great boost from what it was. The Georges Garage tools worked perfectly and it took about 8 hrs to put in the pistons, cams, cam plate and oil pump and do the carb. Couldn't stand it so I rode about 5 miles last night at around 28*. Burr but it sure felt good. It fired right up this morning and I put another ten or so on it, Till my fingers said "Screw it". No runs, no drips, no errors----Thanks for the help guys, I think this will work out really good. Oh, and the rattle I had up top was the piston slap and all the teflon on the pistons was gone with 95.2k, now it sounds just like when new except for the extra throat in the exhaust, and of course the extra poop-----jack

Back