free website stats program Longest time gone without an oil change | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Longest time gone without an oil change

I have to agree with Steve, if I am on a long trip it doesn,t bother me to go a few thousand miles over, I use a good quality oil Mobil 1 Vtwin and a H/D filter.
Ken

BUT A LOONER by choice....EH

Ride Means RIDE

signed....BUBBIE

Do you mean 'LONER' or 'LOONIE'?

I'm sorry BUBBIE,i just couldn't resist.:D.Don't hate me.

But i DO agree with your oil philosophy.Years ago i lived about 10klms from work and i used to double my commute on my DOHC 4V Honda CB 900FA in an attempt to make sure everything was up to temp and some of the water was evaporated out.

IMO and again MO changing oil in cars and for bikes at 3000 miles is for the Oil companys. Yes I think the start stop short rides are hard on air cooled motors but I do not do them often. I like to ride so I do and when I do along ride I will not set my life by the oh 3001 mile must stop and change the oil. Yes I do check, and add if needed, often but not every fuel stop. Of course clean oil is better but change your oil go around the block and it is dirty again...long story stort here in the summer days gets to be about 130+. I do change ABOUT every 10000 miles but always do keep an eye on it.

Back