free website stats program Long Trip Seat Comfort | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Long Trip Seat Comfort

I've got a 2007 SG, and i put on Sundowner with an Alaska Leather sheepskin for long trips. Works like a charm, Wifey and me did a ten hour trip with this setup, it was great.
Now I have to sell it cos it won't fit my new 09 SG. Craigslist here I come!

I guess there's as many seat preferences as there are butts to put in them! I love my Sundowner BUT I haven't done more than a 300 mile day yet and it doesn't do anything for the large sweat spot on your jeans.

As far as price, I still think online through Zanotti's is the best deal out there if you want a Harley seat.
To eliminate the sweat spot, I got the beaded seats at beadrider.com. They work great for long summer rides! No more swamp butt! But, you have to take them off for the cool weather or BRRR!

I gotta throw in on this one too- I have the beads from Beadrider as well. At first I thought I'd look like a NYC cabdriver, but damned if the things don't really work. Absolutely will stop swamp butt, as Jammr says, not too expensive and do just what they are supposed to do.
As an alternative to a 500 dollar custom seat... save yourself some money and try these first. I bought mine, BYW, from Sampson, but you can buy them from beadrider direct.

I've found that the softer the seat, the more it hurts my butt. I've installed a corbin on my Road King and a 2.5 hour ride is a breeze now. The Corbin feels hard to the touch but conforms to the shape of my behind shortly into the trip. I tried a buddies gel pad and had to remove it half way home.. Makes my tail bone hurt bad.

I am also looking for a touring seat for my 09 roadglide, Stock seat looks good but I want comfort for the long haul. Also I would like a step seat so the wife doesn't have to look at my back all day, and a little support for my lower back.

07 StreetGlide, I like the looks of the stock seat. I have made a few long trips with it (2900 & 3900 miles ). It worked for me by being able to slide my butt back and forth for comfort. But after reading a lot about the Sundowner, I purchased one, and let me say it's the cat's meow for me.The Sundowner will be the seat for long trips from now on for me! And I do have a Comfortstitch for when the little lady rides though....every ones different!
A butt for every seat, and a seat for every butt!

I have had a Corbin on a softail and a roadking. Definitely liked the one on the softail better because it gave great back support. Put about 7000 miles in 2 weeks on it. The Corbin touring seat on the RK took a lot longer to break in but is still comfortable. Not sure what I will do with the new Streetglide I got today? Have to ride this seat for awhile and then make a choice.:small3d026:

I'm having seat issues as well... Had the seat that came with my EG modified at meancity and now really don't like it. The wife likes the way it sits her up high as well as the width. So right now were trying to modify it for my comfort as well. So now I've got right at $200 bucks in a seat I don't like... Bummer... I want a soft seat that sits me lower for reach purposes but still sits my wife up high... Any suggestions?

I just got the Airhawk cushin for my trip to Orlando. I am hoping this will take the pain out of the long haul. will let ya know when I get back how it works out.

I'm having seat issues as well... Had the seat that came with my EG modified at meancity and now really don't like it. The wife likes the way it sits her up high as well as the width. So right now were trying to modify it for my comfort as well. So now I've got right at $200 bucks in a seat I don't like... Bummer... I want a soft seat that sits me lower for reach purposes but still sits my wife up high... Any suggestions?

Ok... Here's what I did... Took the two seats and combind them. Basically took the rider portion of the Road King seat and replace the rider portion of the EG seat. So far so good. Road 329 miles today. Was a little sore but heck that's a long way for me...

Back