free website stats program Long distance riding | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Long distance riding

I've never used one but I heard the gel filled cushions work nice on long rides.

One of the guys we ride with uses one and loves it. He loaned it to me to try. It did seem to be comfortable, but I did not like how it changed my seating position.

I would give Mean city a crack at re foam and gel your Mustang seat, they will ask you specific questions on weight and what you want done:D

Jack, do you have any direct experience with Mean City? I looked at their website and Astech Seats. The modification they do looks very similar. I lean toward Astech slightly just because they are local (about 30 miles) to me, but I do not know anyone with any experience with either company.

Last edited by a moderator:
One of the guys we ride with uses one and loves it. He loaned it to me to try. It did seem to be comfortable, but I did not like how it changed my seating position.

Jack, do you have any direct experience with Mean City? I looked at their website and Astech Seats. The modification they do looks very similar. I lean toward Astech slightly just because they are local (about 30 miles) to me, but I do not know anyone with any experience with either company.
I was going that direction, MCC has very good reviews, lots of happy satisfied customers based on my research. I was ready to send my 14RK stock seat to them for some re-work; scheduled an appt and paid my deposit. Then I got a wild hair, bought my C&C solo to augment my Sundowner like I had on my 06SG. Had a gel pad on one of my Triumph's was comfy but I found it did retain heat if exposed to the summer sun.

I do not, tho talking to them they wanted specific info on height, weight and give many choices

Thanks Jack, I was hoping to hear from someone who has put some significant mileage on one of their seats.

Back