free website stats program Lock your doors !!!!!!! | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Lock your doors !!!!!!!

I always got a chuckle out of "Chopper's" signature line....

"Hollow Points - For Those Who Care Enough to Send the Very Best"

When I was a small child in the 60's, I used to ride my Schwinn stingray all over West Palm Beach without the slightest thought or care. Now, I watch where I even drive my truck when I'm down there.

We live in South Florida in a nice neighborhood BUT, I make sure my wife & kids always have the doors locked, if I am working out back I make sure the front door is locked, same thing if I am out front the back is locked. It only takes 5 seconds for some nutcase to do his thing.

It can be a pain, you come home at 4 in the afternoon with an arm load of groceries (or beer) and the front door is locked,
(EDIT)
is usually my thought, but then I think about the contents of my house and the people inside and it all goes away.

Please read this...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
just thinking also....

I keep my doors locked because it is the prudent thing to do, however, I also have a Alaskan Husky and a Boxer, both over 40 lbs. The Husky is very territorial and will bark if anyone steps in the yard, and yes, she can sense them without seeing them. The dogs will also go to the window or door where they sense the intruder (even following thier movements).

She gets the Boxer excited and they put out a pretty precise warning to wanna-be criminals. If someone comes to the door, I encourage them to get even more pronounced!

Both dogs are extremely friendly but are keenly aware of present danger, I have no doubt they would lay down thier lives in an instant to attack anyone who they sensed were putting us in harms way.

If nothing else, they give us plenty of time to decide exactly how we need to answer the door, or wait for an intrusion which would obviously be repelled.

thank god for a good outcome.....................i appreciate livin in a state that respects our second ammendment rights.

It's becoming all to common to read the about a home invasion in the Middle Georgia newspaper. Some are drug related, but many are random crimes of opportunity. The only time I am not within 10 feet of a handgun is when I'm doing yard work. I even carry when I do my daily walks in the neighborhoods because I think I have been "sized up" by slow driving cars a time or two.:(

had a guy walk into my house today while I was working down stairs . he had a kid with him and when I confront him he acted like he lives here. got him out & called the police gave them plate & car info. couple of hours later officer shows up for statement & tells me they got him. the guy was out to lunch because he left his coat behind with cell phone & what looked like drugs in the pocket.
now we don`t have guns up here , & don`t think I could have shot him anyways but it sure put a scare into me .I have a auto repair shop down stairs & live up stairs & guy only made it inside the door but it was enough. so lock your doors even if you are only 27 steps away.

I'm happy to hear you were lucky enough to get this person out of your house and nothing happened. If you have never pulled a gun on another human - for your own / family protection - you really dont know the DEEP-DOWN feeling inside you get , If you have never shot another human , same feeling inside. I've done both and if I have to , YES I'll do it again! My concern now is the child he had with him!! Was the kid his or not with child abuction cases on the rise like they are. Did the LEO say anything about the child involved???????

Back