free website stats program Linked Brakes on a Softail | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Linked Brakes on a Softail

Darn good question that I never thought of before. I just spent some time on the HD website checking out the Touring and Softail bike descriptions. HD moco are masters of marketing. For years they have boasted about new model improvements like redesigned levers or other minute items that are not really much of an improvement. So, in the Touring bikes section, ABS is referred to as "Reflex System". In the Softail section, they tout a 40% reduction in front lever force required. In my opinion, if they were linked, they would be using their newly trademarked "Reflex" system to describe the brakes. Harley misses very few opportunities to throw their new trademark terms around. To impress us, you know.

Darn good question that I never thought of before. I just spent some time on the HD website checking out the Touring and Softail bike descriptions. HD moco are masters of marketing. For years they have boasted about new model improvements like redesigned levers or other minute items that are not really much of an improvement. So, in the Touring bikes section, ABS is referred to as "Reflex System". In the Softail section, they tout a 40% reduction in front lever force required. In my opinion, if they were linked, they would be using their newly trademarked "Reflex" system to describe the brakes. Harley misses very few opportunities to throw their new trademark terms around. To impress us, you know.
Thanks, I was just having similar thoughts. I noticed under the touring bike descriptions it says, as plain as day, there are reflex linked brakes. On the softails, it still sounds pretty great... but just without those words.

Back